Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Best place and price for HR24

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

I understand the way the lease works. However, I'm not in a contract right now. If I get an HR24, will that auto-enroll me in a new 2 year contract?

If you purchase an owned HR24 it will not start a commitment.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I thought starting with the HR23 the B-band converters were not required anymore.

Have you checked Craigslist, I found a couple of good deals on there.

The HR-23 doesnt need BBAND converters, because it had wide band tuners built in, it was the only model that did....HR-24's need them as well because it was meant for use on SWiM systems...

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,411 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

If you purchase an owned HR24 it will not start a commitment.

But aren't truly owned HR24s pretty rare? Obviously they are out there, since you have two of them, but I can only think of a few situations where someone would end up with one owned:

DirecTV employee, actually buying it for full price, or they end up with it as a protection plan replacement for a broken owned unit.

I've run into people with HR24s that thought they were owned, but were leases.

#24 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

But aren't truly owned HR24s pretty rare? Obviously they are out there, since you have two of them, but I can only think of a few situations where someone would end up with one owned:

DirecTV employee, actually buying it for full price, or they end up with it as a protection plan replacement for a broken owned unit.

I've run into people with HR24s that thought they were owned, but were leases.

Not rare IMHO. I have one on ebay right now that was listed in the buy/sell/trade for a while. I might have more soon, they are trickling through my sales of receivers and several others have them for sale on ebay as well.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#25 OFFLINE   weaknees

weaknees

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

We have received quite a few emails recently about HR24s, and a few of those emails have referenced dbstalk, so I hope I am not overstepping any bounds by posting to clarify some things.

weaKnees absolutely does guarantee brand new HR24s when a customer orders from us. What we advertise online is what we ship. In other words, we don't ship an HR23 when we advertise an HR24s.

Some potential customers, however, jave asked whether we can guarantee a specific variation of HR24 (eg. "Can you guarantee that I will get an HR24-200?" "Can you guarantee that I will get an HR24-500?"). From what we understand, the -200 or -500 indicates the manufacturer or manufacturing facility. We unfortunately cannot always guarantee the variety of HR24 that we will ship. For example, I know that at the moment we have HR24-500s in our LA warehouse, but I don't know whether our next shipment will be the same.

In addition, we sometimes ship from warehouses closer to a customer's location to help expedite delivery...but we don't know what variety of HR24 that warehouse will have at any given time.

We fully recognize that DIRECTV does not guarantee the model receiver they ship, which is why purchasing from an authorized dealer that ships its own equipment has advantages.

I hope this helps; and we sincerely appreciate all of the support, kind words and referrals that eminate from dbstalk. Thank you!

weaKnees
http://www.weaknees.com/

spam firewall