Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2011 DISH HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,221 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

The Pentagon Channel is carried on DISH as a "Public Interest" channel. They pay for their carriage.

So far DISH has not added any PIs in HD (RFD TV was a PI years ago but is now a regular channel). If The Pentagon Channel wants to pay for a HD feed dish might take the money ... but with their capacity issues the chance to carry another channel might be worth more than what The Pentagon Channel could afford to pay.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

here are HD channels i would like to see added onto Dish Network
QVCHD,HSNHD,THE OUTDOOR CHANNELHD,GACHD,CSPAN1-3HD,GSNHD,FUELTVHD,OXYGENHD,NASAHD

We have another forum for DISH Network HD anticipation for 2011 :) ---> http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=187996

Dish has not put up RFDTVHD on their website how long does it to add a channel onto a website.

Let them know here --->http://www.dishnetwo...il/default.aspx select "Webmaster" category and explain errors/mistakes/missing channels on there site.

Does Dish have enough bandwidth to add alot more HD Channels?

James Long keeps an up to date capacity chart for DISH on his site here ---> http://jameslong.nam...shcapacity.html

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#63 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

We have another forum for DISH Network HD anticipation for 2011 :) ---> http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=187996

Short thread :)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#64 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,221 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Yep. Which means either DISH customers here are relatively happy with the HD additions (net 17 basic and 7 PPVs) that DISH has accomplished in the past 12 months or they have figured out that getting bent out of shape on the Internet doesn't change things. Or both. :)

#65 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

QVCHD,HSNHD,

Seriously? You want shopping channels in HD?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#66 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

how about adding The Pentagon Channel HD

http://www.governmen.../article/104702

or Oxygen,Ovation,WETV,also i would like to my PBS Stations WTTW,WYCC and Telemundo WSNS,Univision WGBO.All broadcasted in HD

#67 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

WeatherNationTV HD is one of the other channels i would like to see added onto Dish Network.My stepfather compains to me that i cannot find my locals on Dish Network.

http://www.weathernationtv.com/

#68 OFFLINE   habsfan66

habsfan66

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

how about adding The Pentagon Channel HD

or Oxygen,Ovation,WETV,also i would like to my PBS Stations WTTW,WYCC and Telemundo WSNS,Univision WGBO.All broadcasted in HD

To me it's simple, if channels are available in HD then that's what should be provided. Maybe if they weren't buying bankrupt video store chains, money could be invested where it would actually benefit subscribers.

#69 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

What channel is the Pentagon channel? I don't remember seeing it.

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#70 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

I thought I remembered the Outdoor Channel and QVC being posted/discussed before as having been in a "test mode" or something at one point last year... but no real appearance by those yet.

1 vote for QVC HD
HUB HD

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#71 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,221 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

What channel is the Pentagon channel? I don't remember seeing it.

The Pentagon Channel is 9405. It is on 129 and 61.5.

#72 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

The pemtagon Channel HD will be available in July or August.Also what about adding WeathernationHD.i got a message from the VP of the channel.

Allen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, our service is available in both HD and SD. We would be happy to provide our service to DirecTV or Dish Network, should and when they elect to carry it.

Kind regards,

Michael Norton

Weather Nation TV, Inc.

#73 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,221 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

The pemtagon Channel HD will be available in July or August.Also what about adding WeathernationHD.i got a message from the VP of the channel.

Weathernation looks like a repackaging of the channel DISH had for a couple of days last June.
http://www.weatherna....com/index.html

The address given is a few miles from DISH's headquarters and is the same address as "Distant Networks, LLC" - the company that provides Distant Network services (SD only) to DISH Network equipment.

#74 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

QVCHD,HSNHD,

I agree. :rolleyes:

To me it's simple, if channels are available in HD then that's what should be provided. . . .

To that end, I think that all Dish receivers should be made "HD compatible" with sorftare or hardware upgrades. Then, remove the duplicate SD versions and make the rest HD. :confused:

Weathernation looks like a repackaging of the channel DISH had for a couple of days last June. . . .

Maybe it was sold. Last June it was based in Minneapolis.

Yes, this channel should be added. ;)
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#75 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,427 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

To that end, I think that all Dish receivers should be made "HD compatible" with sorftare or hardware upgrades. Then, remove the duplicate SD versions and make the rest HD. :confused:

You were kidding on this point, right?

You know they can't upgrade any of the SD receivers to support HD channels even to down-convert them...

All of the SD receivers in the field would need to be replaced... and that would be both time consuming and expensive.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#76 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

1 vote for QVC HD
HUB HD

Here's another vote for HD shopping channels. My wife is unable to get out and shop anymore for various health reasons so she spends a lot of time watching the shopping channels. Every TV in the house is HD so it would be nice if she had her channels in HD. All of them, including the shopping channels.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#77 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

You were kidding on this point, right?

You know they can't upgrade any of the SD receivers to support HD channels even to down-convert them...

All of the SD receivers in the field would need to be replaced... and that would be both time consuming and expensive.

I can dream can't I? :D
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#78 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,427 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

I can dream can't I? :D

The cat in your avatar is making the appropriate face at you right now :)

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#79 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

QVCHD,HSNHD,

Yes! I hate black bars on my HD set.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#80 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Here's another vote for HD shopping channels. My wife is unable to get out and shop anymore for various health reasons so she spends a lot of time watching the shopping channels. Every TV in the house is HD so it would be nice if she had her channels in HD. All of them, including the shopping channels.

I bought my first SHARP AQOUS 37" HD set from QVC back in November 2008. Still going strong.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

spam firewall