Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2011 DISH HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

I bought my first SHARP AQOUS 37" HD set from QVC back in November 2008. Still going strong.

My first HD set I bought in Jan 2007. It is a Mitsubishi 46231 and I still have it although I have gotten a 55 inch from Samsung as my family room television. The MITS is also still going strong. I see that MITS is getting out of the LCD sets altogether now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Well I still don't own an HDTV...yet,so would I want more HD channels? sure Dish Network's MPEG4 HD channels are a better picture than their MPEG2 SD channels, so that would be the channel I would watch:)

#83 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,908 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yes! I hate black bars on my HD set.

Try using zoom. That way precious bandwidth is not taken up by shopping channels. :nono:
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#84 OFFLINE   gpollock87

gpollock87

Legend

• No PM's
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

i hope to see fearnet hd soon

#85 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

i hope to see fearnet hd soon

I have Fearnet HD with Comcast. It is even better than MONSTERS HD and that was the best channel I ever had with DISH.

#86 OFFLINE   gpollock87

gpollock87

Legend

• No PM's
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

I have Fearnet HD with Comcast. It is even better than MONSTERS HD and that was the best channel I ever had with DISH.

dang ur lucky lol, i know its a really good channel

#87 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

It has to be better than Chiller. I loved MONSTERS HD!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#88 OFFLINE   scorpion43

scorpion43

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

so do i

#89 ONLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

survey on HD Channel Requests

i wanted to know if someone on the group could put together a survey for us Dish Network customers for folks who want more HD Channels like they did with Directv on DBStalk.What HD Channels would you like to be added onto a survey and send this survey to our friends over at Dish Network.

I have some so far let me think of these

FearnetHD
EWTNHD
TBNHD
TelmundoHD
WeathernationHD
The Pentagon ChannelHD
CSPAN 1-3HD
NASAHD
i hope that Disney lawsuit gets settle so we can get these channels
ABCfamilyHD,DisneyXDHD,DisneyHD,ESPNEWSHD,ESPNUHD

HSNHD
QVCHD
GSNHD
OxygenHD
WEHD
OvationHD
The Outdoor Channel HD

I would like to see some more HD Channels in The America Top 200 package let me know what you think of this idea and which HD Channels you would like to see in a survey if someone can put together a survey that would be great.Thanks

#90 OFFLINE   gpollock87

gpollock87

Legend

• No PM's
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

survey on HD Channel Requests

i wanted to know if someone on the group could put together a survey for us Dish Network customers for folks who want more HD Channels like they did with Directv on DBStalk.What HD Channels would you like to be added onto a survey and send this survey to our friends over at Dish Network.

I have some so far let me think of these

FearnetHD
EWTNHD
TBNHD
TelmundoHD
WeathernationHD
The Pentagon ChannelHD
CSPAN 1-3HD
NASAHD
i hope that Disney lawsuit gets settle so we can get these channels
ABCfamilyHD,DisneyXDHD,DisneyHD,ESPNEWSHD,ESPNUHD

HSNHD
QVCHD
GSNHD
OxygenHD
WEHD
OvationHD
The Outdoor Channel HD

I would like to see some more HD Channels in The America Top 200 package let me know what you think of this idea and which HD Channels you would like to see in a survey if someone can put together a survey that would be great.Thanks

i want fearnet and weathernation, i think fearnet would go in the platinum package with sony movie channel, i don't see why fearnet wasn't added when smc was.

#91 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Ovation-HD is at the top of my list. This would be the closest thing to the return of VOOM's Rave Channel. Lots of good concerts in HD.
All I want is a Perfect DVR!

#92 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

According to the uplink
4203 TMP32 (203 HD) ?? Bloomberg Interactive TV ?? added to 129° TP 32 (HD *TEST* Hidden) No EPG
4203 TMP32 (203 HD) ?? Bloomberg Interactive TV ?? added to 61.5° TP 2 (HD *TEST* Hidden) No EPG

They are going live with the hd version on the 25th. Maybe it will be in hd next week on dish??

http://www.bloomberg.com/hd/

#93 ONLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

List of New HD Channels on Dish

i created a pdf file of what HD Channels that i want to see added onto Dish Network let me know what you think of it and which HD Channels you would like to see added onto Dish Network.Any help would be very appreciated.

Bluegras

Attached File  DishNewHDChannels.PDF   571.09KB   254 downloads

#94 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,420 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

Threads merged...

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#95 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Try using zoom. That way precious bandwidth is not taken up by shopping channels. :nono:

I'd rather have bars than stretch.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#96 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

To each their own; I'd rather have QVC HD and dump all ESPN and RSN channels, none of which I ever watch…

#97 OFFLINE   pistolpete52

pistolpete52

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

To each their own; I'd rather have QVC HD and dump all ESPN and RSN channels, none of which I ever watch…

And I would go the opposite way. Cut down on the shopping channels and keep the channels in SD, and make the RSN's HD. I don't need 4 or 5 or however many shopping channels that Dish carries. I don't need all of the religious channels either. But I would love to see the RSN's in HD. It's a fairly inexpensive package, but would gladly pay more to see this happen.

#98 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,293 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

And I would go the opposite way. Cut down on the shopping channels and keep the channels in SD, and make the RSN's HD. I don't need 4 or 5 or however many shopping channels that Dish carries. I don't need all of the religious channels either. But I would love to see the RSN's in HD. It's a fairly inexpensive package, but would gladly pay more to see this happen.

I would too if you, not me, pay Dish for the RSN's in HD. Right now the shopping channel folks are a source of revenue for Dish which helps to keep the price down for all of us. Sports channels drive the price up for all of us, a fact I truly resent since I have to pay for HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc. - channels I want - and pay for your sports channels.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#99 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

And I would love a no sports package. I doubt very seriously if either shopping or sports will ever be pulled so I lock out what I don't want to see in the guide and enjoy what I do get.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#100 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

I would too if you, not me, pay Dish for the RSN's in HD. Right now the shopping channel folks are a source of revenue for Dish which helps to keep the price down for all of us. Sports channels drive the price up for all of us, a fact I truly resent since I have to pay for HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc. - channels I want - and pay for your sports channels.

I dropped the core package, to avoid paying the sports tax. One of the better decisions I have made in my life.

spam firewall