Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Direct customer looking to jump to Dish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sethareno

sethareno

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

I'm looking into switching over to Dish from Direct and have a question! We provide service to my in-laws who are on a fixed income and can't spring for satellite. My question is that if we switch over to Dish could we take an extra (activated) Dish receiver to their home and use the Direct dish to receive any channels? We have been doing this with Direct for some time now. I understand that both companies use 110 and 119 locations. Could this work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,757 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'm looking into switching over to Dish from Direct and have a question! We provide service to my in-laws who are on a fixed income and can't spring for satellite. My question is that if we switch over to Dish could we take an extra (activated) Dish receiver to their home and use the Direct dish to receive any channels? We have been doing this with Direct for some time now. I understand that both companies use 110 and 119 locations. Could this work?

No ... absolutely not. You are violating the terms of service of DISH by sharing your account between two households.

This is also a violation of DirecTV terms for their service. Accounts are for a single household ONLY. No sharing.

#3 OFFLINE   jscudder

jscudder

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

For only $9.99 a month you could get 'locals only' from Dish. However in order to do this they will have to own the receiver. You can pick up an old SD dish receiver from Ebay for under $20. They will also have to have you or someone else install the dish.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...