Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to remove channels from favorites list

search

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

This is a known issue and we have a software update to fix the problem pending, no ETA. In the meantime, you can reset the receiver to factory defaults and it should allow you to create a new list. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   PhantomOG

PhantomOG

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

This is a known issue and we have a software update to fix the problem pending, no ETA. In the meantime, you can reset the receiver to factory defaults and it should allow you to create a new list. Thanks.

Thank you for the response!

#23 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,993 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

"Start your life from scratch" :)

#24 OFFLINE   charonx

charonx

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

I know this is an old thread, but since Dish STILL hasn't fixed this issue, here's another work-around that will allow you to at least keep your timers.

1) Edit the list you need to remove the unwanted channels from and "Deselect All".
2) Menu | Settings | System Wizard | Backup
3) Menu | Settings |Factory Defaults
4) Reset the receiver.
5) Menu | Settings | System Wizard | Restore

I tried doing the backup - defaults - restore without deselecting all on the channel list first and it restored the unwanted channels.

Also, I should note that I did the Deselect All on all of my lists since I wanted to reset them all, so I don't know if this will work if you are only trying to reset one list.

For people who still don't know what we're talking about: When you downgrade your service the channels you no longer have will be hidden on the favorites list edit screen, however, if they were included in a list prior to the downgrade, they will still show up on the guide in either red or green instead of black. There is no way to remove them from that favorite list since they're hidden on the edit screen.

At this point Dish should just document the behavior and call it the "Lost Channel Reminder" feature. :)

Edited by charonx, 18 August 2012 - 12:11 PM.
spelling

#25 OFFLINE   charonx

charonx

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Apparently this only solves the problem for a short period. After about half an hour, all of the unwanted channels reappeared.

Nevermind...

#26 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,993 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Bummer !

#27 OFFLINE   garygaryj

garygaryj

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Try this -
Settings (Yellow) > Factory Defaults
Settings > reset your Solo/Duo Mode to what you wanted
Settings > reset your Shared View to On (if you select Solo)
All of your Channel lists will have to be named and selected, as if for the first time. Your timers should come back from back-up, but if not after a bit, use the System Wizard (press & hold the zero)
Settings > HDMI > Reset it back to your 1080i or 720p

Edited by garygaryj, 04 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   knealy

knealy

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I had this problem some time ago. I have since learned not to add channels to my favorites during free previews. I just use the My Channels option to display them. It's a bit of a pain, but better than having unavailable channels show up in red.

But here's how I got rid of them without losing all that I had saved. I called tech support and explained my problem and got them to temporarily re-subscribe me to the channels I wanted to delete from the favorites, and had them note in my file that I was just re-subscribing long enough to delete them, -about 15-20 minutes. Then I deleted them, and either had the tech stay on the line, or called them back (I don't recall which) and they unsubscribed me and waved the charges. This may require a supervisor's attention and someone in the US.

In any case I learned my lesson and never add channels to my favorites list that I'm not sure I'll be staying with, and certainly not free preview channels.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search

Protected By... spam firewall...And...