Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

clear record history

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hinzy

hinzy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Is there a way to clear record history on the hr series receivers?
Tried a search here but found no answers.
Thx in advance, hinzy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 493 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

There is no way of clearing your history of ppv but if you do a "reset everything" it will remove recording history but you will lose series links amoung others this you have customized.

Edited by kiknwing, 29 December 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,592 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

There is no way of clearing your history of ppv but if you do a "reset everything" it will remove recording history but you will lose series links amoung others this you have customized.

Actually, a "reset everthing" will clear your recordings as well. I am not 100% sure, so maybe someone else can chime in, but I think a "reset defaults" will clear SL's, History, and Favorites, but not recordings.
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,616 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

Even a "reset everything" will not erase PPV purchases because those are stored on the Access Card.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,792 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Even a "reset everything" will not erase PPV purchases because those are stored on the Access Card.

I know the charges are stored there, but once they've "phoned home", wouldn't they clear themselves as there can't be that much storage on the card.
The card will hold about $30 worth before it quits if it can't call home.
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,592 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Actually, a "reset everthing" will clear your recordings as well. I am not 100% sure, so maybe someone else can chime in, but I think a "reset defaults" will clear SL's, History, and Favorites, but not recordings.

I actually downloaded the HR24 manual to see if i could find a definitive answer to this. Here's what it says:

“Reset Defaults” erases all of your personal preference items, such as parental controls, favorites, language and scheduled recordings, and restores the receiver configuration to how it was set at the factory.

That said, I have an H24-700 with 9 "software downloads" in HISTORY. I just did a "reset defaults" on it, and it did NOT clear the HISTORY items. Based on that, I expect it won't clear HR HISTORY either.

So a "reset everything" would appear to be the only way to do it, but as previously noted, that will wipe any recordings as well.
/steve

#7 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

And why would I want to Erase the History?
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   djousma

djousma

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Because you purchased an adult movie that you dont want your spouse and/or parents to know about.

Setup

• Slimline Dish connected to SWM-16
  • Whole home DVR with DECA
  • HR44-500 connected via HDMI to 52" Sharp Aquos LC52D62U
  • HR24-500 connected via HDMI to 42" LG LCD
  • HR20-700 connected via HDMI to 32" Panasonic TC-L32X1
  • Apple Airport Extreme
  • 30/5 Charter Cable

#9 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Because you purchased an adult movie that you dont want your spouse and/or parents to know about.

Ah, never thought about it that way. :)
Here's My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,616 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

I know the charges are stored there, but once they've "phoned home", wouldn't they clear themselves as there can't be that much storage on the card.
The card will hold about $30 worth before it quits if it can't call home.

I haven't test this in a while, but once upon a time the access card held the last 20 purchases, with new one pushing the oldest ones off of the list. Folks desperate to "remove" an unwanted PPV entry could purchase and then cancel 20 PPV movies to force the "bad" entry off of the list.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#11 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

You would think that Directv would Erase all charges from the Access Card once they hadbeen transmitted via the phone to Directv's Billing Office.

My phone line accidentally and unplugged on one of my Master Bedroom DVRs unbeknownst to me during a Furniture rearrangement and after I reached my $ Limit I couldn't Order any more PPV so I called and a Directv CSR told me I had reached my Limit and hadn't paid my PPV Bill because the DVR couldn't phone in.

I hooked up the Phone Line and then it uploaded the billed PPV Purchases to Directv and I paid the bill and I was back in business.
Here's My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...