Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sling adapter: Live TV only, No DVR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fishhead65

fishhead65

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Just installed the Sling adapter on my 622, remote access via Homeplug, everything seems to be working great, even on my Droid (although its a bit choppy). But When I try to view DVR recordings, its gets fussy and sometimes plays them but most of the time it flips to live TV on whatever channel was last viewed. Happens on my Droid, desktop PC, and laptop.

What am i missing? I know this has been an issue on the droid, but I can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   nsafreak

nsafreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

Wild guess, are you using Firefox as your browser? If so that's likely the cause of your issues. The plugin for Droid is known to have this issue (have the same issue on my HTC Droid Incredible) and it seems to have carried over to Firefox as well for some reason. If you use IE 8 or above it should work fine. I know that's probably not the preferred way that you would want to use it but it's a workaround until they fix the problem.

#3 OFFLINE   Lostinspace

Lostinspace

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Do you mean the Dish Android app has this problem? I see the problem using that app on my Incredible, however, I don't see it using the plug in for Firefox on FF 3.6.13.

#4 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Works perfectly fine on my Droid 2 and my Firefox 3 install on my Win7 machine.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#5 OFFLINE   fishhead65

fishhead65

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

I'm using IE7 on my desk top, and IE 6 on the laptop (company computer that wont allow IE7 yet!!) Tried again last night and works fine, then again today and its fussy agian. The droid works fine today, but choppy stream, even on wifi, standing right next to the router, whereas the laptop on wifi plays nice.

I can work with it, not bad for the $99 sling adapter, I still would like to know if this will work outside of the US, specifically Europe. Nothing worse than trying to watch crappy TV in a language other than english when you have insomnia and your time clock is messed up!

#6 OFFLINE   dclaypool

dclaypool

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Yes, anywhere where you have internet access. On a recent business trip around the world, my wife went with me to Istanbul and we were watching from our hotel room on my notebook. When I went on to Asia, not a problem, even when I was in the AA lounge at Narita using my iPhone. It still boggles my mind...

#7 OFFLINE   superfreddy

superfreddy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Just installed the Sling adapter on my 622, remote access via Homeplug, everything seems to be working great, even on my Droid (although its a bit choppy). But When I try to view DVR recordings, its gets fussy and sometimes plays them but most of the time it flips to live TV on whatever channel was last viewed. Happens on my Droid, desktop PC, and laptop.

What am i missing? I know this has been an issue on the droid, but I can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks

622??? I thought you needed a 722 for the sling adapter. Could you confirm? Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Update: Also works with the Dish App on my Nook Color. :)

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

622??? I thought you needed a 722 for the sling adapter. Could you confirm? Thanks

Then you need look at this info: http://www.dbstalk.c...378&postcount=4

#10 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

I'd also like a confirmation on the 622. I plugged the Sling adapter into my 622 a week or so ago and it said the device was not recognized.

#11 OFFLINE   fishhead65

fishhead65

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

OOOPPS! It is my 722! I was looking right at my 622 when I typed the post. Sorry guys, if I got your hopes up:(

I am going to upgrade my router from a linksys G 2.4HGZ to the the suggested Linksys WRT400N Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router to see if that helps the PQ

#12 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

I'd also like a confirmation on the 622. I plugged the Sling adapter into my 622 a week or so ago and it said the device was not recognized.

Then I don't understand why that Sling Adapter spool (v0026) is targeting so many different models ...:confused:

#13 OFFLINE   nightfly85

nightfly85

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

let me just say that this is a software issue.

My wife and I both have iphones.

I had an older version of the Dish App installed. I can watch dvr/live tv fine. In addition, I have the option of SQ (standard quality the default) and HQ which provides a noticeably sharper image.

My wife has the latest app as she just downloaded it in Nov/Dec. She cannot play DVR - whenever she selects a show to watch from DVR, it just shows the current live channel on TV2. Nor does she have the SQ/HQ option.

#14 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,916 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

This topic is being discussed in a larger Sling Adapter thread:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=187787

So I'm closing this one to avoid splintering of solutions to the problem.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...