Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV Completes Six Retransmission Deals

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

AM21 is a separate unit. Only the HR20 and H20 has OTA built in.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

I thought the AM-21 was a seperate unit. Didn't know that it inserted into the DVR, to keep things nice and neat. Stacking units isn't the end of the world, but it does work, but having everything in one box and no external connections between them is easier.

As you can see, it's pretty thin. OTA coax goes in & an USB connects it.

Posted Image
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#123 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

As you can see, it's pretty thin. OTA coax goes in & an USB connects it.

Posted Image

Thanks for the image. The AM-21 is what I thought it was and discribed. A seperate box with external connections. Not sure what the point is of the image? Were it maybe easy to use, its not a plug in module.

Like I said, for those in the Palouse and the Tri City areas, OTA should work while this is being worked out.

#124 OFFLINE   karmbrown

karmbrown

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Not true in the Palouse area. I am over 80 miles from Spokane and can't get it on OTA. I beleive that is why D* turned on 399 for those people in the outer areas that can't receive OTA. Tri-Cities is right in the broadcast area for OTA.

#125 OFFLINE   ulfius

ulfius

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm in Moscow, ID (8 miles from Pullman, 90 miles from Spokane) and I've tried calling twice to get DNS and they said I'm not eligible and they cannot turn 399 on for me. I filled out an online waiver request on the 12th and it's still pending, and they said it can take up to 45 days. bleh.

#126 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

I'm in Moscow, ID (8 miles from Pullman, 90 miles from Spokane) and I've tried calling twice to get DNS and they said I'm not eligible and they cannot turn 399 on for me. I filled out an online waiver request on the 12th and it's still pending, and they said it can take up to 45 days. bleh.

And since DIRECTV and Northwest are at a stalemate right now, the waiver is unlikely to be approved anyway.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#127 OFFLINE   bighifi

bighifi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

Directv is sending AM21 for free.

#128 OFFLINE   steinmeg

steinmeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Our Raycom channel quit the crawl to, but to replace with it with a new one to say they know about their audio drop out issues :( Hopefully they fix that while they work out a deal with DirecTV :)

Here is Lake Worth FL, they are still runnig the crawl especially during a FOX football game....

#129 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 964 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

Here is Lake Worth FL, they are still runnig the crawl especially during a FOX football game....

I guess directv and raycom are still negotiating?

#130 OFFLINE   steinmeg

steinmeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

Guess so, its like a chess game...hope this does not effect the Super Bowl

#131 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

Guess so, its like a chess game...hope this does not effect the Super Bowl

in the pass fox DSN was open for the SB.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#132 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

NW Customers:Northwest granted our request to put the channels back on while we negotiate a deal. We're working to restore the channels ASAP

~Alan

#133 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

Breaking news: FOX channels in Spokane & Yakima, WA, Medford, OR and Binghamton, NY will be restored tomorrow.
by DirecTV on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 8:57pm

We are very happy to share the news and expect the channels to return by Wednesday February 2. Some viewers may already have the signal now. Here is the official statement from Dan Hartman, SVP, Programming Acquisitions, DIRECTV -"We’re happy that Northwest granted our request to put the channels back on while we negotiate a deal. We are making arrangements to restore the channels as soon as possible and look forward to getting a deal done as quickly as we can."

~Alan

#134 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hey at least folks can see the Superbowl .. Wonder if this means the stations are better off with the redistribution than without.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#135 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hey at least folks can see the Superbowl .. Wonder if this means the stations are better off with the redistribution than without.

Both the stations and DirecTV. Around here, DISH Network contract installers have been running TV and Radio spots with the theme, "Don't miss the big game....switch now!" A couple of my neighbors have done just that.
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#136 OFFLINE   gkamer

gkamer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

I posted an earlier thread about not getting my FOX channel here in the Spokane Wa area. It was kind of a long post so I'm not going to go into it again. I missed the announcement from DirectTV that FOX was going to be put back up. Know why? Cause I was checking the DirectTV web site which showed the last update on this situation as having been posted on 01/14/11. I never would have thought to go to Facebook to get information. I am at work so I can't check to see if my local FOX28 is back up but I'm going to check as soon as I get home.

Thanks for everyone, especially the super moderator who pinted me in this direction.

#137 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,681 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Both the stations and DirecTV. Around here, DISH Network contract installers have been running TV and Radio spots with the theme, "Don't miss the big game....switch now!" A couple of my neighbors have done just that.

Around here, there are people switching from Dish to DirecTV, because when their satellite got the "electrical issue" local HD channels were moved to a satellite a lot of customers can't see and Dish won't give them that equipment.

I think DirecTV will gain more Dish subs than Dish gets DirecTVs, more affected by the Dish situation.

#138 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Around here, there are people switching from Dish to DirecTV, because when their satellite got the "electrical issue" local HD channels were moved to a satellite a lot of customers can't see and Dish won't give them that equipment.

I think DirecTV will gain more Dish subs than Dish gets DirecTVs, more affected by the Dish situation.

"Electrical issue"??? I can just hear Charlie and Jim explaining that on the Chuck Chat, complete with the pained expressions on the faces in the peanut gallery!:lol:

Anyway, Fox 28 Spokane is back up on DirecTV. I'll bet Northwest's local Superbowl advertisers had something to do with this.;)

According to this letter from the head honcho at Northwest, they want 60 cents per sub per month. Probably something like 40 cents more than everybody else.

Edit: Make that 90 cents per sub per month.

Edited by Jaspear, 02 February 2011 - 02:22 PM.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#139 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

Fox40 and MyNet are now up here.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#140 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Just temperary at this point 4 week time period to allow for a contract to be signed between the two parties.

spam firewall