Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL Winter Classic rescheduled to 8PM Saturday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,250 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Due to weather forecasts (rain), the Saturday 1PM ET start has been moved to 8PM ET.

NHL Press Release

Can't wait to hear what the PA Governor says about this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 469 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

And hey, it rained like he!! anyway. So much for that idea.

#3 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

Anyone watch it in 3D on the 3D channel? I haven't finished watching the game (recorded) but I do have to say it was not near as well developed or done as the hockey night in Canada did there 3D hockey game. I don't know what it was but the effect wasn't really 3D or atleast compared to the HNIC production.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#4 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 876 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

NBC won the night on broadcast in the adults 18-49 demographic for Saturday's NHL Winter Classic, according to preliminary numbers.

NBC averaged a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.56 million viewers in primetime Saturday night (8-11 PM), according to preliminary fast-affiliate data. The network won the night among the Big Four broadcast networks in the demo, edging second-place FOX (1.6).

Amazing ratings for the NHL.

I wondered how good the ratings would be considering a strong Pens TV market was hosting the game- how many viewers would at the game ( with the game at the stadium with 60,000 plus instead of the usual arena's 16,000 ) instead of home watching ?

Also with the game up against 3 of the 4 teams in the NY and Buf tv markets ,would those hockey fans watch the Classic or their own teams ?

http://www.sportsmed...o-saturday.html

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,250 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

NBC originally proposed the Winter Classic to the NHL because they didn't have a college bowl game at 1PM.

I wonder if these ratings are good enough that they might change the Winter Classic permanently to a night game, which will then allow the game to be hosted further west.

spam firewall