Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Should I cancel Sunday Ticket now? Or when?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   anonymous6

anonymous6

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Now that the season's over (Sunday Ticket-wise)... do I just call and cancel?

Then when the season kicks off next year, call back and order? I don't wanna leave it on, because I'm not sure if I even want it for next season.

Which method is best for negotiating cheaper rates?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   VLaslow

VLaslow

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

If it were me, I'd wait until a month or two before next season, call to cancel, and see what kind of deal I might get.

#3 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

if you keep it on it will auto renew usually at a small discount where as if you cancel and wait till next season you may not get the auto renew rate

#4 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Now that the season's over (Sunday Ticket-wise)... do I just call and cancel?

Then when the season kicks off next year, call back and order? I don't wanna leave it on, because I'm not sure if I even want it for next season.

Which method is best for negotiating cheaper rates?

Thanks!

whwn you cancel make sure that auto renewal is taken off or the charges WILL REAPPEAR ON YOU
see this thread i started
http://www.dbstalk.c...ighlight=ch 107
Jimmy

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,986 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

I thought the auto renewal policy was ending? All my sports subs say they won't auto renew next season on my bill.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

I thought the auto renewal policy was ending? All my sports subs say they won't auto renew next season on my bill.

the new policy is that D* must inform (don't know by which method) customers 30 days prior to renewal date.
so watch your account online VERY CLOSELY.
Jimmy

#7 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

If it were me, I'd wait until a month or two before next season, call to cancel, and see what kind of deal I might get.

That worked for me this year. I called to actually cancel as with my daughter's swim meet schedule, I was not home at least half of the Sunday's. I told the rep this when I called, so she said she could give it to me at half price (actually a series of monthly credits).

I am going to cancel next year as I just don't have time right now to watch much Sunday afternoon football.

#8 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,569 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

the new policy is that D* must inform (don't know by which method) customers 30 days prior to renewal date.
so watch your account online VERY CLOSELY.

I want autorenew on most of my packages. Damned lawyers.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#9 OFFLINE   anonymous6

anonymous6

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

I'll go with the strategy of calling back in July 2011 and canceling and seeing what they offer me

I already got a semi decent deal on it.. think $199

#10 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Good chance their will an abbreviated season with fill in players or no season at all. Players association are planing on standing strong. I think they want the season aborted. Owners are not that willing however so who knows how it ends.
I canceled mine.

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

Protected By... spam firewall...And...