Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do I know if I own a receiver?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   uscpsycho

uscpsycho

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

I have some old receivers - D10 and H10. They're really old. Any way to confirm if they are owned or leased?

I assume if they're owned no reason to keep them and sell them on eBay. Yes?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

I have some old receivers - D10 and H10. They're really old. Any way to confirm if they are owned or leased?

You can call and ask, or if they are still active on your account, you can log into your online account and click on your "equipment" and it should tell you owned or leased..... There will either be a mirroring fee or a lease fee. Mirring fee would be for an owned receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   uscpsycho

uscpsycho

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

No they aren't active.

If I call to ask, are they going to care that I've got these inactive receivers? They just never asked for them back as my stuff got upgraded. If they're leased I want to give them back. If I own them I want to sell them. Just need to get rid of them...

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,682 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

Better call and ask. If you sell them and they're not owned by you, the buyer will not be able to activate them. That's not good.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

No they aren't active.

If I call to ask, are they going to care that I've got these inactive receivers? They just never asked for them back as my stuff got upgraded. If they're leased I want to give them back. If I own them I want to sell them. Just need to get rid of them...

No, they don't care if they are active. However it will only let you see the status of "active" receivers online. Call them and ask; most likely they are owned; but as mentioned above, it would serve you best to confirm the status before selling them or getting rid of them so you don't get burnt with chargebacks somewhere down the line.

#6 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I have some old receivers - D10 and H10.

If I own them I want to sell them. Just need to get rid of them...

It will probably be more of a case of giving them away than selling them. I was given a D10 that had a balance owed on it, and I told the access card department rep that the account holder was deceased. He offered to let me pay the balance, $14. I declined. They might sell for that on ebay on a good day. :lol:
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#7 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Call and get the response confirmation in writing....e-mail is fine.

I have such a communication here for my records.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#8 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

It will probably be more of a case of giving them away than selling them. I was given a D10 that had a balance owed on it, and I told the access card department rep that the account holder was deceased. He offered to let me pay the balance, $14. I declined. They might sell for that on ebay on a good day. :lol:

I would have given the D10 back to the person you got it from and told them to pay their balance. Knowing me I wold have probably thrown in the words "deadbeat" and "scumbag" as well. :grin:

#9 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

D10s and H10s are nearly all from the pre-lease era (i.e., before March 1, 2006), and are almost certainly owned. But they are also worth very little.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#10 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

I would have given the D10 back to the person you got it from and told them to pay their balance. Knowing me I wold have probably thrown in the words "deadbeat" and "scumbag" as well. :grin:

Well, it was my dad that gave it to me. It was left in a rent house from 2 tenants back, the original owners, who have since passed away. The second tenant never had any use for it and didn't throw it out I guess.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#11 OFFLINE   cableguy902

cableguy902

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Just checked my old bill and I see it says "additional receiver". I've never seen term "mirroring fee"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...