Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Total Space 500GB

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   daimhin

daimhin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

We went into the DVR listing tonight and noticed the 922 was showing it was 96% full. It wasn't this way yesterday and didn't record a ton of stuff today so I quickly deleted a couple shows we had watched already but still showed 92% full. I remembered I had some space on my external HD so I went in to transfer some programs to it and that's when I noticed my Total Space for the 922 was showing to be 500 GB. I thought it should be 1 TB or am I wrong on this? What are other people seeing when they look on the media transfer page?

Eric

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

It's been mentioned many times - user space is 0.5 TB (1/2) , other half is dedicated to VOD.

#3 OFFLINE   daimhin

daimhin

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

But if this is how it has been since I got the unit, why would it go over night from 45% full to 98% full with only 1 new program recorded (30 minutes of HD).

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

The 922's FW [SW] is very buggy - we're still discussing those here ...

#5 OFFLINE   daimhin

daimhin

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

Well guess I have run into a new one. :) A technical report has been filed with Dish about it.

#6 OFFLINE   daimhin

daimhin

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Well no call back from Dish about the report, but when I just checked I now have 31% used so something corrected itself.

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

perhaps night reboot cleared memory corruption ...

#8 OFFLINE   sdsanta

sdsanta

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

I had a similar problem, I was showing 100% full after I deleted all my recordings! i couldn't record anything because the 922 thought it was full. It mysteriously cleared up over night, and then my search function wouldn't work. Ended up getting a replacement box, so far everything is working OK.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...