Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Network First Pay-TV Provider to Give Customers Ability/Watch Live TV on Android

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

DISH Network First Pay-TV Provider to Give Customers Ability to Watch Their Live TV on Android Tablets
Free DISH Remote Access App Transforms Android Tablet into a TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C., today announced that DISH Remote Access, the free application that gives DISH Network customers the ability to watch their live and recorded TV on compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops, is now optimized for the higher-pixel Android™ tablet screens.

DISH Network customers with a broadband-connected, Sling-enabled™ device such as the Sling Adapter™ — a small placeshifting device that pairs with DISH Network's ViP® 722 or 722k HD DVRs — can enjoy live and recorded TV viewing on Android tablets.

"DISH Network is the only pay-TV provider to offer a true TV everywhere solution, and now we've optimized that experience for the larger screen size of the Android tablets," said DISH Network Chief Marketing Officer Ira Bahr. "Now Dish Network customers can enjoy their TV Everywhere experience on tablets like the Galaxy Tab, as well as the dozens of new Android-based tablet devices soon to be introduced."

In addition to TV viewing, the DISH Remote Access app also gives DISH Network customers with compatible DVRs the ability to browse and search up to nine days of programming, schedule DVR recordings, manage conflicts, delete shows on multiple receivers, and transform the Android tablet into a fully-functioning remote control.

The DISH Remote Access app for Android tablets can be downloaded for free through the Android Market. DISH Remote Access is also available on compatible iPad, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android mobile phones and Blackberry® devices.

For more information about DISH Remote Access, visit www.dish.com/tveverywhere.

http://investor.echo...eleaseID=542180

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ciurca

ciurca

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

My sling enabled HR23 can be viewed on my Android as well. Whoppity do.
HR34
HR23
Slingbox Pro HD

Twitter -> @saltwater_rider
Facebook -> facebook.com/craig.ciurca

#3 OFFLINE   Scottie73

Scottie73

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Then why are you here reading about this? You must really be bored.:new_sleep

#4 OFFLINE   farmerdave4

farmerdave4

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

How about some real news from Dish on what they will not be delivering again this year. 922 was never as good as anyone hoped it would be. :grin:

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Separate Sling devices allow a lot of devices to be used remotely ... your HR23 is no more "enabled" than a 80's VHS. You can thank EchoStar Technologies for being able to see it on your 'droid. :D

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Separate Sling devices allow a lot of devices to be used remotely ...

Yep.. Thats what makes sling so nice to have...

your HR23 is no more "enabled" than a 80's VHS.

Uh, say what? Thats like me saying any dish dvr that doesn't have MRV is no more enabled than an 8 track tape with video.. An HR does plenty more than a old VCR, just as a Dish DVR does..

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

Uh, say what?

"Sling enabled" ... that's the topic. :rolleyes:

#8 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

This app works great on my Samsung Captivate combined with my VIP922, and the video looks surprisingly good, even viewing on 3G AT&T.

But it's been out a while, I know I've had it installed for a couple weeks at least.

(Edit - sorry, just noticed this was an announcement about the TABLET, my bad!)
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

Protected By... spam firewall...And...