Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I just canceled my Dish Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jigityjakester

jigityjakester

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

I had been a customer of dish for over 3 years and was very happy with their service. But yesterday I was watching my show when the dish just completely stopped working. It said complete signal loss.
I went through the reset, unplug, check connections, checked to make sure my dish was still there, and nothing. So I called tech support. He took me back through the same steps I just performed. That didn't work so he said he would transfer me to advance technical support. Then a few minutes later he said he couldn't transfer me because the computer said there was rain in my area. I told him I live in WA and there is always rain in my area. There were just some light clouds and rain outside. I have lived in WA for two years and never once had a problem with my signal because of the rain. To all of sudden get a complete signal loss becuase of light rain thats ridiculous. He said it didn't sound like it was because of the rain either, but the computer wouldn't even let him transfer me. I tried calling back 2 times after that and all three people told me the same thing.
I finally told them just to cancel my account. If I can't get tech support when its raining then basically your telling me I can't get tech support. They said they had to make sure that it wasn't the rain causing the signal fade before they could get me tech support, or have a tech come out to look at it.
I was really happy with my dish plan and service, and it sucks that I couldn't get some one to just help me out a little bit.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

I get that "signal loss" screen all the time. It has nothing to do with rain fade (it wasn't raining or snowing at the time). I think it may have something to do with my LNB's. I have a condition called "LNB drift". Since I purchased and installed my own E* equipment it's up to me to get it fixed. There are several tricks to get the signal back (in reality the signal is still there, it's just the LNB's that are drifting). I plan on getting an eastern arc dish when the weather breaks. In the mean time I switch to the OTA antenna and then back to the satellite channels and everything comes back.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Or you could have just straight up asked for a tech visit.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

I see no reason to continue this thread.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall