Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cant Figure this out!!!

remote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4louie4

4louie4

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

I've got HD with the 5 LNB Slimline dish. This is what i cant figure out, I've got strong signal on 101 - 91%, 110 - 97%, but 119 is zero on all transponders, but I get all channels no problem. I looked up what channels come in on sat 119 and i get them all perfectly. the other problem is with guide info, its all there most of the time but once in a while i get the alerts saying receiver hasn't received guide info for x amount of hours. Then sometimes all that appears is "regular scheduling" on all channels (just when the receiver is off most of day then turned on in the evening after work). I reset the receiver and guide info is back. Why would sat 119 give zeros on the signal meter but i still get every channel? The only thing i can think of is that my receiver is faulty. Also, i changed the B-band converter a while ago which helped the guide info (it used to be a lot worse).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

there will be 22-32 transponders for the 119 what do they all read and which channels are checking that you say come from 119?

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

First, there are no HD channels on 119, only SD locals for some DMAs, latino, and the Jade World (Chinese) package. Most new installs don't even use an LNB that picks up 110 or 119.

BUT... if you have an SL5 LNB, then you MUST be able to pick up 119, or you'll have guide data issues, as you've noticed.

The most common reason for having problems is that your Line-Of-Site (LOS) to 119 is being blocked by something, probably a tree. Standing behind your dish, look about 20 degrees to your left. If you see anything there, chances are your 119 is being blocked.

The ONLY solutions to this problem are: either move the dish where LOS to 119 is clear, or swap the LNB with an SL3 which uses a different stack plan inside the switch and doesn't need 119.

NOTE: you CANNOT fix this problem by reconfiguring the receiver.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,832 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

Battlezone is right and let me be clear. Just "telling" the receiver that you have an SL3 instead of an SL5 doesn't work. It may seem like it at first but down the line you'll have problems.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   kymikes

kymikes

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

This is a 'shot in the dark' but I had the opposite problem recently and found the problem to be ice that had selectively covered parts of the plastic covers on the LNB. Cleared the ice, cured the problem. YMMV.

#6 OFFLINE   4louie4

4louie4

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

Usually 22-32 says all zeros. But today im getting 51% on 25. 43% on 29. I thought the local hd channels, The ESPNs, HD theater. Maybe im mistaken and there arent any meaningful channels on 119 just guide info and an alignment is all i need.

#7 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

Usually 22-32 says all zeros. But today im getting 51% on 25. 43% on 29. I thought the local hd channels, The ESPNs, HD theater. Maybe im mistaken and there arent any meaningful channels on 119 just guide info and an alignment is all i need.

Local HD's will be on 99s or 103s, and the espn HD/HD theater/etc channels will be on 99c or 103ca or 103cb.

:)

#8 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

yeah none of those channels will be on 119 if your signals are low like that and usually ready 0 then you may have a line of sight problem and right now the trees are just allowing some signal through with wind, snow, & rain blowing trees can lean one way and then next day lean another.

#9 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

All those channels used to be on 119, back in the MPEG2 days, now they are all on 99, or 103....but if you have a 5LNB dish, you have to be able to get a signal on 119 for guide data...you may have a failing LNB assembly, or a cabling issue..

#10 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

First, there are no HD channels on 119, only SD locals for some DMAs, latino, and the Jade World (Chinese) package. Most new installs don't even use an LNB that picks up 110 or 119.

I thought there are two new Spanish hd channels on 119. No?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remote

spam firewall