Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7028 - Issues & Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,127 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Quick question - when Directv2pc first came out, I installed it but never use it because I have an older computer that isn't capable according to advisor. So I thought I uninstalled it but I guess not because when my bluray player that can stream wirelessly through my network showed available media servers, Directv2pc showed up.

I have looked at the services running on my computer and cannot find one called Directv2pc, nor can I find the program in control panel for uninstalling.

Does anyone know what exactly the service for the media streaming is called in Windows? I'd just like to get rid of this program since I can't use it with my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not seeing DirecTV2PC on your PC, it's seeing your HRs that are on your home network. BluRay players & other streaming devices see the HRs and considers them DirecTV2pc servers.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#182 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

It's not seeing DirecTV2PC on your PC, it's seeing your HRs that are on your home network. BluRay players & other streaming devices see the HRs and considers them DirecTV2pc servers.

If the question was about these:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1302324790

You can block them in the Windows media player.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

A.K.A VOS

#183 OFFLINE   m4p

m4p

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

Thank you so much! I was wondering if perhaps it might be something like this but couldn't figure it out. It was driving me nuts, especially after going through all the services in Windows and Control Panel and not finding any trace of Directv2pc. Now looking back on it, I don't think I ever even installed Directv2pc because my computer didn't meet the requirements. So it would have to be my bluray player seeing the Directv receiver.

Thanks again, Sigma 1914, I really appreciate it, and thank you Veryoldschool. I don't use Windows media player to stream to my bluray player. Instead I use either the bluray player's built in DLNA or TVMobili, so I guess there's no way to block Directv2pc. Not a problem. I just won't use it.

HR24-500 HDMI to Sharp LC-52D62U LCD, native on
Networked using Netgear R6300
Harmony 670 remote

#184 OFFLINE   reweiss

reweiss

Godfather

• Registered
  • 376 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

I bet your laptop has a displayport out instead of hdmi or vga?

Kind of. I have both a display port and a VGA output.

I just want to watch DirecTV2PC on my laptop screen. I cannot believe there isn't code to allow for this or to just ignore the "display port" when other options are available.

JVC HD-61FN97 True 1080p HD-ILA Projection TV
Panasonic TC-L55ET5
HR24-200 (1) x 2
HR23-700 (1)
HR22-100 (1)
H24-200
H25-100

#185 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Kind of. I have both a display port and a VGA output.

I just want to watch DirecTV2PC on my laptop screen. I cannot believe there isn't code to allow for this or to just ignore the "display port" when other options are available.

Go into your BIOS and disable the display port - if you can.

That might work.

#186 OFFLINE   cherni

cherni

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

I have tried the new version, and it still does not allow for usage on a machine that has display port :( Even when not outputting via display port (In my case, a macbook air).

I would like to make a special appeal to the developers to add support for it. I have looked through the binaries and I can see exactly where it checks for connector type, and how they are checking for HDCP and so forth. It appears to be all using standard dxva calls and it should be trivial for them to add support for it. Many laptops and graphics cards now are offering displayport (with full HDCP support of course), and in many cases display port is the only option, and it is awful that the app is unusable for such a minor reason.

If anyone is in the same situation and wants to discuss it further please feel free to PM me.

HI Justin, I'm in the same situation with my Imac with mini displayport. I would like to discuss the issue with you but cannot PM you as I'm new in the forum and not allowed. Can you please PM me?

Thanks.

#187 OFFLINE   espaeth

espaeth

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

My video card is: Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

I have a feeling that is where I'm screwed.

It really varies from model to model.

I've got an 17.3" (1600x900) HP G71t laptop with a Core2 Duo T6500 processor (2 cores @ 2.1GHz) and Intel GMA4500MHD integrated graphics, and DirecTV2PC stutters like crazy trying to play HD content on that laptop over either wireless-N or wired.

Meanwhile, my 11.6" (1366x768) Acer Timeline 1810T with a Core2 Duo SU7300 (2 cores @ 1.30Ghz) and the same Intel GMA4500MHD integrated graphics plays HD content smooth as silk.

Both are running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, both have the same video driver version number. Both have the Intel GS45 chipset, the only major difference is that the Acer uses the ultra-low voltage CPU to get 8+ hours of battery life, and has a lower default screen resolution to go with the smaller screen.

It really makes no sense.

#188 OFFLINE   Cheep

Cheep

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

After using DirecTV2PC for month... er, years now? Since it first came out-- I've never had any problems since I got it set up. I have a problem now, though-- when it attempts to scan for receivers, it doesn't find my HR20-700 anymore. I get the "Receiver Selection" screen, and there are no receivers listed. I hit "Scan Again" and nothing happens. I don't think I changed anything on my HR20, and nothing in D2PC. Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

#189 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

After using DirecTV2PC for month... er, years now? Since it first came out-- I've never had any problems since I got it set up. I have a problem now, though-- when it attempts to scan for receivers, it doesn't find my HR20-700 anymore. I get the "Receiver Selection" screen, and there are no receivers listed. I hit "Scan Again" and nothing happens. I don't think I changed anything on my HR20, and nothing in D2PC. Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Have you rebooted your router?
I had this once and after rebooting the receivers without any luck, it turned out to be the router.
A.K.A VOS

#190 OFFLINE   kogent

kogent

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

I have a Dell Precision 390
Core2Duo 6600
4GB ram
ATI FireGL V3400
1Gbit wired ethernet connection

It is dual boot with XP 32bit & Vista 32bit

When I boot into Vista it plays audio with a black screen.

When I boot into XP it plays the video beautifully.

XP is a fairly clean install. Vista has K-lite codec pack & TVersity installed. I have the latest (as of last night) Catalyst drivers for each OS installed.

This tells me that unless there is a Vista compatibility issue it is likely a codec conflict. Reinstalling the OS is not an option. How do I go about troubleshooting the codec issue?

Update: I have uninstall klite & tversity and am still having problems

Update: When playing HD content in Vista, the player not only displays a black screen while playing audio it crashes after a few seconds. This content also plays fine in XP on the same system.

Edited by kogent, 04 May 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#191 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Core2Duo 6600
4GB ram
ATI FireGL V3400

XP is a fairly clean install. Vista has K-lite codec pack & TVersity installed. I have the latest (as of last night) Catalyst drivers for each OS installed.

This tells me that unless there is a Vista compatibility issue it is likely a codec conflict. Reinstalling the OS is not an option. How do I go about troubleshooting the codec issue?

Update: When playing HD content in Vista, the player not only displays a black screen while playing audio it crashes after a few seconds. This content also plays fine in XP on the same system.

Try re-installing the Directv2PC app from inside the Vista boot and report back.

#192 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Core2Duo 6600
4GB ram
ATI FireGL V3400

Run as administrator, maybe?
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#193 OFFLINE   djt813

djt813

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

Just downloaded the app and installed... it's not picking up my receivers when scanning... should it be able to find them through the whole home DVR connection in the router or does it need a direct connnection to a single DVR?

Thanks for any pointers!

#194 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,913 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

It certainly should see all your dvrs connected on your network. It sounds like you have DECA with the Cinema Connection Kit (or a deca connected to your network).

Can you ping them from the PC?

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#195 OFFLINE   djt813

djt813

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

It certainly should see all your dvrs connected on your network. It sounds like you have DECA with the Cinema Connection Kit (or a deca connected to your network).

Can you ping them from the PC?

Yes, DECA plugged to the router. Not sure if I can ping them, as I am a bit too dumb to know how to do that...

Here is what the network is picking up:

Attached Thumbnails

• Network.jpg

#196 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Find the IP of your DVR(s) . . . Setup / Network / advanced . . . should be something like 192.168.x.x - where x.x will vary with your network and each dvr ip should be unique in the last group of digits.

Open a DOS window . . . Start / Run / CMD and at the prompt enter:

Ping 192.168.x.x . . you should see 4 responses from each.

Also, is the Allow External set in the DVR menu? Setup / Whole Home / External

#197 OFFLINE   djt813

djt813

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Find the IP of your DVR(s) . . . Setup / Network / advanced . . . should be something like 192.168.x.x - where x.x will vary with your network and each dvr ip should be unique in the last group of digits.

Open a DOS window . . . Start / Run / CMD and at the prompt enter:

Ping 192.168.x.x . . you should see 4 responses from each.

Also, is the Allow External set in the DVR menu? Setup / Whole Home / External

Just checked the DVR Network Settings. Allow External was enabled, but it was blocking allow to view what I am watching and enabled for DVR list. Changed all to enabled.

Also, found that the IP address was some funky, and invalid, setting. Changing that to 192.168.1.X (setting it as a static). Subnet was missing 255 in third position, corrected. Default gateway was missing, so filled that in. Last setting is DNS, which I am not familiar with specifying on a network. Presumed I look up a value from my router settings, tried one of the DNS settings for the router's external connection with no luck - DVR couldn't connect to internet.

Then tried pinging, not surprisingly result was "Destination host unreachable".

Next step?

#198 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Just checked the DVR Network Settings. Allow External was enabled, but it was blocking allow to view what I am watching and enabled for DVR list. Changed all to enabled.

Also, found that the IP address was some funky, and invalid, setting. Changing that to 192.168.1.X (setting it as a static). Subnet was missing 255 in third position, corrected. Default gateway was missing, so filled that in. Last setting is DNS, which I am not familiar with specifying on a network. Presumed I look up a value from my router settings, tried one of the DNS settings for the router's external connection with no luck - DVR couldn't connect to internet.

Then tried pinging, not surprisingly result was "Destination host unreachable".

Next step?

It sounds like your DVRs were using their internal IP [169.xxx.xxx.xxx] and the subnet of 255.255.0.0.

Now you should be able to set the DNS to your router's IP, as it will handle the requests.
A.K.A VOS

#199 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

It sounds like the DECA connected to your router - or possibly the router port - may have a problem. You might cycle the power on that DECA and reboot the router.

What lights are on the DECA?

Basically, everything on your network should have an address of 192.168.1.x - where x is unique between .2 and .254 (router is typically .1), a mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway / dns of 192.168.1.1.

If you have a Linksys, assign the DVRs something outside the range of .100 - .150, the DHCP range.

And most importantly, the PC should be able to ping each DVR.

#200 OFFLINE   mganga

mganga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Like so many things in life, this would be so cool if it worked.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...