Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV2PC v7028 - Issues & Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,983 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

If people want to act as guinea pigs for an experiment, that is fine. But nowhere does it say that we are testing this software for DTV.

:confused: Who do you think "gave us" this software and why they did?
Like so many things, "we the willing", are "allowed to" see things early and give feedback as to how they work before they go national.

If you don't want to play, fine, but for those that do, don't rain on their parade.
I've tested EVERY VERSION since May '08.
Some are winners and some "not so much".
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

barryb - What was the router issue? I'm having the same problem.

It was actually fairly easy to resolve.

First I spent a few hours trying to reset my IP addys, then tried some router settings. It would have gone a lot smoother had I of just plugged in the DECA internet dongle the last time I was fiddling around. :rolleyes:
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#43 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

My new version worked fine for about a day. Now it loads, gives the proper space free percentage, but says no programs recorded. I've rebooted PC and DVR,and even reinstalled v7028.

I guess I shouldn't have updated. Can I go back to the previous version?
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#44 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

Well, I think I found my problem. While downloading VOD content, no programs showed up in the playlist. As soon as one was finished, and I deleted the pending recording, they returned.

Excuse me if this has been reported before.
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#45 OFFLINE   Leo_R

Leo_R

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

For what it's worth, I cannot activate this version either. There must be some kind of conflict with something on my PC because I've never been able to activate going back to early 2010. I've tried many things and if you wish to read about it you can check my earlier post - http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=188756

The above post does not show everything that I've tried, but I've been reading various posts here and on DTV forum - http://forums.direct...095&channelID=1 The DTV forum mentions other things I've tried.

#46 OFFLINE   dbs442

dbs442

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Does anyone think upgrading my 4gb ram to 8 woulkd stop the stuttering? Sorry if this is not the proper place to ask.

#47 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,983 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Does anyone think upgrading my 4gb ram to 8 woulkd stop the stuttering? Sorry if this is not the proper place to ask.

No.
Not sure why yours is doing this, but I've run this app on as little as 500 Megs with XP, 1 GB with Vista, and now 4 GB with Win7 64.
A.K.A VOS

#48 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

I had stuttering on my playback and it turned out the network card in the receiver was faulty.

#49 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

For what it's worth, I cannot activate this version either. There must be some kind of conflict with something on my PC because I've never been able to activate going back to early 2010. I've tried many things and if you wish to read about it you can check my earlier post - http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=188756

The above post does not show everything that I've tried, but I've been reading various posts here and on DTV forum - http://forums.direct...095&channelID=1 The DTV forum mentions other things I've tried.

Try this and report back to us:

Right click on the Directv2pc shortcut - Select Run as Administrator.
See if it will activate now

#50 OFFLINE   swaff

swaff

Hail to the Redskins

• DBSTalk Club
  • 267 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm getting a message that says "Activation key usage limit reached"

Do I need to get a new key?

I still have the key that I received back in 2009.

Where did I get that is the question?

Thanks

Slimline 3
Living Room - HR22-100 - DECA Connected
Master Bedroom - HR21-200 - DECA Connected

LR HR23-700 - RIP 5-13-11
LR/MB HR23-700 - RIP 8-13-11
MB HR21-200 - RIP 12-10-12

My Complete Setup

#51 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,983 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

I'm getting a message that says "Activation key usage limit reached"

Do I need to get a new key?

I still have the key that I received back in 2009.

Where did I get that is the question?

Thanks

post #1 this thread:
Please use your existing DIRECTV2PC key .. If you do not have one, please complete the Beta Download process @ http://www.directv.com/directv2pc
A.K.A VOS

#52 OFFLINE   Leo_R

Leo_R

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Try this and report back to us:

Right click on the Directv2pc shortcut - Select Run as Administrator.
See if it will activate now

Tbolt,

My user account is an administrator, but I tried as you suggested. No good.

I was going to post some questions today. What is and how do you get these unofficially released versions? Are we like a test bed for Cyberlink? Do they check this forum or does anyone report back to them regarding problems? If so, I have a question that's been bugging me for a long time. Why is activation even required? After all, the software is free. It's not like someone getting/using bootleg copies of Windows or any other pay-to-use software.

Thanks.

#53 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,983 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

Tbolt,

I was going to post some questions today. What is and how do you get these unofficially released versions? Are we like a test bed for Cyberlink? Do they check this forum or does anyone report back to them regarding problems? If so, I have a question that's been bugging me for a long time. Why is activation even required? After all, the software is free. It's not like someone getting/using bootleg copies of Windows or any other pay-to-use software.

Thanks.

Maybe not Cyberlink, but DirecTV is reading this thread.
Since DirecTV contracted with Cyberlink for this app, the serial number/activation "may have to do" with payments to Cyberlink for their work. I don't think we'll really know for sure, though.
A.K.A VOS

#54 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

It's been about a year since I played with DTV2PC. I just clicked on it, tried to play, it starts to play and then I get a message, and so I remembered why I haven't played with it. I get the attached message. I'm using the latest release because it said it checked for update. I'm on Win 7, Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 3450 - Dell Optiplex.

But I do use the DVI to attach to my monitor. Is DVI the problem or should I check something else?

Attached Thumbnails

• DTV2PC.JPG

#55 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,983 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

It's been about a year since I played with DTV2PC. I just clicked on it, tried to play, it starts to play and then I get a message, and so I remembered why I haven't played with it. I get the attached message. I'm using the latest release because it said it checked for update. I'm on Win 7, Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 3450 - Dell Optiplex.

But I do use the DVI to attach to my monitor. Is DVI the problem or should I check something else?

Which exact Dell are you using?
I'm using the 2007 FPW and DVI, and it is working
A.K.A VOS

#56 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Tbolt,

Thanks.

Leo_R,

There are HELP screens inside the app, (which of course you can't see because you can't get it to activate) see if any of these help and report back.

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard01.jpg
  • Clipboard02.jpg
  • Clipboard03.jpg
  • Clipboard04.jpg
  • Clipboard05.jpg
  • Clipboard06.jpg
  • Clipboard07.jpg
  • Clipboard08.jpg

#57 OFFLINE   tbolt

tbolt

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

Leo_R,

There are HELP screens inside the app, (which of course you can't see because you can't get it to activate) see if any of these help and report back.

One More page..

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard09.jpg

#58 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Which exact Dell are you using?
I'm using the 2007 FPW and DVI, and it is working

I have the Optiplex 380, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro, 32 Bit. I really thought using DVI was my problem, so I'm perplexed now.

#59 OFFLINE   Leo_R

Leo_R

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Tbolt,

Please check this out for me - I think it was done correctly. It's the opening of port 443. No one has ever said I did it wrong, but neither did anyone ever say it was right either.

Assuming what I've done is correct, nothing in the help pages (only a few apply) worked.

One thing I have noticed is the IP for my PC changes from day to day. Obviously, it changes with each time it's booted. If I should ever get this to activate, do I have to worry about the port 443 being open? From what I read it's only needed for activation. Today, the IP is 192.168.1.103, the other day it was ...100, and in the photo you can see it was ...104. I always change the router to match the day's IP address.

It's not in the help menu, but have people found that Windows 7 Aero affects activation? It doesn't seem to matter with mine setup.

Leo

http://www.dbstalk.c...36&d=1294778825

#60 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

the problem isn't with port 443, that is the https port.

My suggestion is that you plug in a neighbors laptop and see if the problem is in your PC or in the rest of the setup.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...