Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Weather Warning: Falling Birds

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jdh8668

jdh8668

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Yup...and even the frozen tundra has heating coils to avoid the disgrace of a place called Soldier Field from those rock-hard sidelines. Even the national announcers cited it twice during the game...guess the Bears need every trick in the book to pull out wins... :lol:

Last time I checked, both teams have to play on the same surface. Don't blame the Bears for the surface. Blame the Chicago Park District who owns Soldier field. The District is ran by all those crooked Chicago politicians who have pretty much decimated most of Illinois' finances.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,603 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Last time I checked, both teams have to play on the same surface. Don't blame the Bears for the surface. Blame the Chicago Park District who owns Soldier field. The District is ran by all those crooked Chicago politicians who have pretty much decimated most of Illinois' finances.

You may consider checking again....design decisions in Chicago were made by consensus and through collaboration.

In contrast - the Packers installed a heated coil system that has repeatedly worked well in severe cold below their turf decades ago, to avoid the same embarrassing debacle of a playing surface found at Soldier Field.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#43 OFFLINE   SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:15 AM

There is a genuine concern about how bad they were this past week, and they do want a repeat of any injuries amplified by rock-hard sidelines of turf that is cited as marginal.

Yup...and even the frozen tundra has heating coils to avoid the disgrace of a place called Soldier Field from those rock-hard sidelines. Even the national announcers cited it twice during the game...guess the Bears need every trick in the book to pull out wins...

You may consider checking again....design decisions in Chicago were made by consensus and through collaboration.

In contrast - the Packers installed a heated coil system that has repeatedly worked well in severe cold below their turf decades ago, to avoid the same embarrassing debacle of a playing surface found at Soldier Field.

I will preface my comments by stating that I am not defending the turf at Soldier Field. It is a disgrace and has been for years.

Like Lambeau Field, Soldier Field does have heating coils. The difference is that Lambeau's coils extend past the sidelines under the player bench area. Soldier Field's coils end at the outer edge of the sidelines.

Despite what the "knowledgeable" National announcers claimed, the field conditions had nothing to do with the injuries that were sustained by Seattle players.

John Carlson made an ill-advised leap when he was about to be tackled, which caused him to get upended and land on his head. The turf where he landed is heated by coils. His awkward landing caused the injury, not the field.

Marcus Trufant took a knee to the head while making a tackle in the middle of the field. His injury had nothing to do with the turf.

The criticism of Soldier Field's turf by players generally refers to the poor footing. This is not caused by a frozen field. The problem is that chunks of the turf tear up when players are trying to stop or make a cut, which causes them to slip. This problem is worse when the field is wet, as it was during the Seattle game.

It is ridiculous that in the seven years since Soldier Fied was renovated, they have not been able to resolve this issue. But as they like to say, both teams have to play on it.

SF
HR24-200 - WD10EVDS in Antec MX-1 Enclosure
HR24-500
HR24-500
H24-100
H24-100
Directv Since 1994

#44 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 693 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

WI DNR just released these..................

Attached Thumbnails

• bears.tag.jpg

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#45 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

:icon_lol:

#46 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

!rolling

I thinks he gets "comped" on those... :D:lol:

#47 OFFLINE   jdh8668

jdh8668

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

Someone wrote in urine "Packers suck!" in the snow in Aaron Rodgers' front yard, so he called GB police. They took a sample and said they would be back...
They returned a day later and said, "We have good and bad news. The good news is it's Brian Urlacher's urine. The bad news is that it's your GF's handwriting."

GO BEARS! :)

#48 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,603 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

The Football Summary of All Time:

Upon Further Review...the Bears Still Suck.

Don't Cry Jay...It'll be Over Soon...

Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

It has been said that the British army wore red coats so that, if they were shot, their opponent would not be able to tell that they were bleeding. I guess that explains why the Packers wear yellow pants.

GO BEARS!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#50 OFFLINE   BudShark

BudShark

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

I like Turtles... and I predict a GB/Pitt SB. :)

#51 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,603 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

It has been said that the British army wore red coats so that, if they were shot, their opponent would not be able to tell that they were bleeding. I guess that explains why the Packers wear yellow pants.

GO BEARS!

That's so that Bears vomit doesn't show up.

#52 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

GO PACKERS!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#53 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 693 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

I like Turtles... and I predict a GB/Pitt SB. :)

Some would say that would be a pretty CHEESY Superbowl! :lol:

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#54 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,603 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Upon further review...the Bears don't suck...just Cutler does... :D

spam firewall