Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Antenna TV guide info

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have the 722k/w MT2 and I get the guide information for Antenna TV and THiS.PeggyD the solution to your problem maybe as easy as performing a check switch then your receiver will redownload the guide information.

To do this press Menu/System Setup-6/Installation-1/Point Dish-1/select Check Switch,Test/after it tests your switch,select Done,then press the View/Live TV button, after it reacquires the Signal it will reload the Program Guide.Hope this helps.Good Luck!:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

The availability of guide info for OTA channels not carried by Dish varies by market.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#23 OFFLINE   PeggyD

PeggyD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

I have the 722k/w MT2 and I get the guide information for Antenna TV and THiS.PeggyD the solution to your problem maybe as easy as performing a check switch then your receiver will redownload the guide information.

To do this press Menu/System Setup-6/Installation-1/Point Dish-1/select Check Switch,Test/after it tests your switch,select Done,then press the View/Live TV button, after it reacquires the Signal it will reload the Program Guide.Hope this helps.Good Luck!:)

No, that doesn't work. Not only do I check every morning to see if the guide data has appeared, I've done a "check switch" about once a week, the last time being yesterday.

I think the problem is with Fox in Seattle. It's not just Dish. As I've said, my Sony HDTV doesn't recognize the channel exists nor does TVGuide.com. But TitanTV.com does see it with guide data.

#24 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

The availability of guide info for OTA channels not carried by Dish varies by market.

While this statement is true, the fact remains that Antenna TV's guide data has been reported to be available in the E* EPG data stream. Ironically it shows up in a market where "THIS TV" guide does not appear, while I get the THIS TV guide data.

In the General Forum there is a similar thread to this one. I appealed to Matt from the Dish internet response team to try and find the proper department/person who can remedy this situation. I have previously tried calling tech support as well as "chatting" on line. Neither techs understood what I was requesting. I hope Matt can get to the bottom of this situation.

BTW: I see others have reported getting ION's sub-channel guide data. So far the only OTA ION data I get is the main ION feed, which is based on the national ION feed and not my local ION. Close but not always correct. Also none of the other ION subs (Qubo, ION Life) have data here in Cleveland.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...