Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPN3 on XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   geaux tigers

geaux tigers

Icon

• Registered
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

XBOX 360 is allowing streaming of ESPN3 to Gold Live Members who also subscribe to either Tim Warner Cable or Brighthouse Networks. Will DirecTv reach an agreement where DirecTv wold be added to the list?

I would also be happy if DirecTv would add ESPN3 to its line up but this would be great as well.

Edited by geaux tigers, 18 January 2011 - 01:39 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

XBOX 360 is allowing streaming of ESPN3 to Gold Live Members who also subscribe to either Tim Warner Cable or Brighthouse Networks. Will DirecTv reach an agreement where DirecTv wold be added to the list?

I would also be happy if DirecTv would add ESPN3 to its line up but this would be great as well.

Probably not because DirecTV is not an ISP. It probably will never be available on DirecTV either because it's an internet service. Time Warner Cable and Brighthouse = Roadrunner. The ESPN3 feature is available to Verizon DSL and FiOS subscribers as well.

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

The full list of ISPs who provide ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList

#4 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

When you go to espn3.com/activate it still isn't online so those might not be the final terms. Im in the same boat as you...
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

Time Warner's deal was different than the rest. They also require a login because they want to restrict it to people who subscribe to video packages that contain ESPN while all the other ISPs give it to all of their subscribers. The ESPN 3 portal on X-Box live doesn't have a login it just detects your ISP, so for Time Warner they have to develop a way to link your TWC account with your X-Box Live account so they can verify you have ESPN in your video package. So if you're one of Time Warner's internet only subscribers, if you want ESPN3, you're better off switching to Verizon, AT&T or one of the alternate cable providers that serve some TWC areas like RCN in NYC.

Edited by KyL416, 18 January 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   juventuz

juventuz

Legend

• Registered
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

Time Warner's deal was different than the rest. They also require a login because they want to restrict it to people who subscribe to video packages that contain ESPN while all the other ISPs give it to all of their subscribers. The ESPN 3 portal on X-Box live doesn't have a login it just detects your ISP, so for Time Warner they have to develop a way to link your TWC account with your X-Box Live account so they can verify you have ESPN in your video package. So if you're one of Time Warner's internet only subscribers, if you want ESPN3, you're better off switching to Verizon, AT&T or one of the alternate cable providers that serve some TWC areas like RCN in NYC.

Actually there is a way to log in through the XBox ESPN app.

#7 OFFLINE   weirdude2304

weirdude2304

Legend

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

what about espn goal line? If they were to reach an agreement for that channel then they could one up comcast.

#8 OFFLINE   gib4500

gib4500

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

How do you log in with the espn app on xbox live? I need to know because I have an at&t account and a cable account. Unfortunatly my dsl internet is to slow to stream the games in hd on xbox live. My cable is fast enough but isn't an affiliated provider. If i could log in with my at&t account on my xbox like i can on my computer that would be great. Thanks for any help.

#9 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

Probably not because DirecTV is not an ISP. It probably will never be available on DirecTV either because it's an internet service. Time Warner Cable and Brighthouse = Roadrunner.

Time Warner and Bright House have a different deal with ESPN3 than other ISPs do -- in fact, it's separate from their Internet service. Time Warner/Bright House subscribers who have a TV package that includes ESPN (i.e., higher than "lifeline cable") get access to ESPN3 no matter what ISP they use. Internet-only subscribers to Time Warner/Bright House/Roadrunner do not get access to ESPN3.

The fact that ESPN made a deal like that with Time Warner/Bright House means that it's plausible they could make a similar deal with DirecTV, allowing any DirecTV subscriber to access ESPN3, no matter their ISP -- but I wouldn't hold your breath.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#10 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

How do you log in with the espn app on xbox live? I need to know because I have an at&t account and a cable account. Unfortunatly my dsl internet is to slow to stream the games in hd on xbox live. My cable is fast enough but isn't an affiliated provider. If i could log in with my at&t account on my xbox like i can on my computer that would be great. Thanks for any help.

They offer multiple bitrates of streams, anything above 768k is viewable, it won't be HD quality but if you just want to see the game live instead of reading the results later it shouldn't matter.

#11 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

i can access ESPN3 on my XBOX in full HD
i have 17MB/down 3MB/up comcast cable broadband:D

Edited by domingos35, 20 January 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   geaux tigers

geaux tigers

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

i can access ESPN3 on my XBOX in full HD
i have 17MB/up 3MB/down comcast cable broadband:D

I have Comcast Cable Broadband as well but I can not access it. Please tell me what I need to do.

#13 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I have Comcast Cable Broadband as well but I can not access it. Please tell me what I need to do.

To access ESPN on Xbox LIVE, you must be connected to Xbox LIVE, have downloaded the ESPN application to your hard drive or memory unit, and have a current US Xbox LIVE Gold membership. To access live and on-demand event programming, you must access LIVE from an ESPN3.com affiliated provider. If you do not have an ESPN3.com-affiliated service provider, you can still access ESPN on Xbox LIVE and receive daily clips and highlights from ESPN.com. ESPN3.com is currently available in more than 65 million homes – a majority of U.S. homes via many Internet Service Providers of all sizes nationwide, including Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, Cox, Charter, Windstream, RCN, Insight, Frontier, Cavalier, Mediacom, Conway, Grande Communications.

I have an affiliated provider, but why am I unable to access content from ESPN3.com?

This could be the result of your IP address being incorrectly identified as belonging to a different service provider. This may be resolved by resetting your network equipment. Do so by performing the following steps:

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console and your network hardware (such as your modem and your router).
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Turn on your modem and wait for it to come online. (This may take approximately one minute).
4. Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, a router), and wait another minute.
5. Repeat step 4 for any additional network hardware.
6. Turn on your Xbox 360 console.
7. Sign in to an Xbox LIVE Gold profile.
9. Re-launch the ESPN app.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact ESPN3 at 888-549-3776 for additional support.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...