Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-200 diag screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   namklak

namklak

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

My first HR24-200 had a hard drive failure after 3 weeks. While it was failing it'd display a screen stating internal storage failure, bla bla, reboot. If I hit <INFO> at that point, I was taken to a wonderful diag/status screen that did all kinds of system tests and showed results, hard drive manufacture and model number, etc. Anyone know how to get to that diag screen on a working HR24-200, f/w 0x452?
I'd like that diag screen, but for now I just want to know what hard drive is installed.
Thanks,
Bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

My first HR24-200 had a hard drive failure after 3 weeks. While it was failing it'd display a screen stating internal storage failure, bla bla, reboot. If I hit <INFO> at that point, I was taken to a wonderful diag/status screen that did all kinds of system tests and showed results, hard drive manufacture and model number, etc. Anyone know how to get to that diag screen on a working HR24-200, f/w 0x452?
I'd like that diag screen, but for now I just want to know what hard drive is installed.
Thanks,
Bob

When system is booting and you see the blue screen that reads: "auto-checking hardware" (or whatever it says :) ) come up hit SELECT.

#3 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

It says "running receiver self check"
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#4 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

It says "running receiver self check"

Yea, what he said. :lol:

spam firewall