Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation of VIP222K and

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yopopa

yopopa

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Along the same line as Coach29, in a previous post, is the Satellite Dish 1000.2 compatible with the Dish VIP222K?
The Dish VIP 222K came with a dp Plus Triplexer (175284).
The Satellite Disk came with no instructions or cables.
How do I install cabling from the Dish integrated LNBF to the Receiver? The three LNBF' outputs of the dish and the two inputs of the triplexes have me confused.
Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,825 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Run 1 RG6 coax (preferably swept to 2.2 GHz) from the LNB down to the receiver.
You should note the 3 ports on the triplexer - 1 is for the RF output of TV2, and the other two are for the satellite inputs.If you add a diplexer between the triplexer and the LNB, you can use this as a back feed to TV2. Alternatively, you could use the non SAT output on the triplexer as feeding your OTA antenna in (and the diplexer's other input would be to an OTA antenna).
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   Bnottt

Bnottt

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

Along the same line as Coach29, in a previous post, is the Satellite Dish 1000.2 compatible with the Dish VIP222K?
The Dish VIP 222K came with a dp Plus Triplexer (175284).
The Satellite Disk came with no instructions or cables.
How do I install cabling from the Dish integrated LNBF to the Receiver? The three LNBF' outputs of the dish and the two inputs of the triplexes have me confused.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, compatible. And a triplexer is only a diplexer and a seperator combined into one. So with it you only have to use one diplexer. Run one line from the tuned dish to the triplexer which should be connected to both sat ports and the home distribution port.

I've attached you a diagram. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-640925875.png
  • image-2720477173.png

#4 OFFLINE   yopopa

yopopa

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for getting back Scooper. So as I understand, I can connect one RG-6 cable to any one of the three LNBF outputs on the Dish. I guess this is because the LNBF's are intergated and either of the outputs will give you 110, 119, and 129 coverage. Run that one cable to the input on the triplexer (54-2150Mhz). Connect the two Satellite IN, on the triplexer (Sat1 960-1450Mhz & Sat2 1650-2150Mhz), to each of the satellite IN on the back of the VIP222K. I not worried about TV2 at present.
Again thanks for responding. I was just confused, thinking I had to run three cables from each connection on the dish.

Edited by yopopa, 22 January 2011 - 08:49 PM.
Added Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   yopopa

yopopa

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Thanks to you too Bnott for the drawings.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...