Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Congrats Pack

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Congrats to the Pack and their fans...

I want to go downtown right now and inflict bodly harm on Martz...
He had to get fancy with that stupid WR Reverse on 3rd and 4...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

That was a bad play call

Congrats Packer fans

JACK,

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

And apologies to those that might have actually been using their DVR's and weren't quite caught up to live yet when they saw this thread title.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

With a 4th & 4 and a young QB, why didn't Martz have something short called to help Hanie?

BTW, my wife is a Packer fan so she's happy. I'm just wondering about those last two play calls.
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

With a 4th & 4 and a young QB, why didn't Martz have something short called to help Hanie?

BTW, my wife is a Packer fan so she's happy. I'm just wondering about those last two play calls.

The 4th and 4.. you could have called just about anything at that point, as the pack knew they wouldn't run it straight up.

It was teh 3rd and 3 that blew it.... run it down the middle, worse it would be is a 4th and 2, maybe 1....

Oh well...
At least it turned out to be a game.... someone had to lose, just wish it wasn't my team...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,118 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Congratulations to the Packers!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#7 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,696 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

Those first two TD by GB were very questionable if you ask me.

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Earl's Keys to the Game:

#1 - Cutler OverThrow to Hester, which would have made the game 7-7
#2 - GreenBay D holding Bears to no points till the 4th Qtr
#3 - Bears D holding GreenBay to only 14 first half points, when GreenBay spent most of the game in Chicago Territory
#4 - Cutler Injury, and not able to return especially haver Urlacher Interception...
#5 - Martz getting to cute at the end.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#9 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

And apologies to those that might have actually been using their DVR's and weren't quite caught up to live yet when they saw this thread title.

If you're reading DBSTalk and not watching the playoffs live then you probably don't care that much about football.

#10 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 696 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

I was at Lambeau 3 years ago when the Giants beat us in the NFC Champ. with the temps below zero at the end of the game. It sucked, so I know what the Bears are going thru right now.

It was a hard faught game, and our defense saved our offense. Aaron was not all that sharp, but he will do better in Dallas.

Congrads to the Bears on a great season, and yes the Peppers hit was helmet to helmet. Looks like Cutler's toughness is being questioned on the NFL Network as we speak.

Time for another Miller Lite to Celebrate!

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#11 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

. Looks like Cutler's toughness is being questioned on the NFL Network as we speak.

Of course it is...

Because he stayed on the sidelines... even though from what we are hearing on local radio, it was the trainers that pulled him... not Cutler saying that he couldn't go.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#12 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,619 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Earl - you're a class act as always. ;)

I sat with 3 Bears fans watching the game, and it was remarkably civil and good.

Then again...the good guys won... :D

But the Bears - all but maybe Cutler - should be proud of a good season.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#13 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

But the Bears - all but maybe Cutler - should be proud of a good season.

While I was mad and frustrated with Cutler... that all went away when I heard what happened, and why he didn't return.

Cutler should be proud of his season... given where he was last year, the way everyone attacked him this year... and at times he was running for his life this year..

He got the Bears to the NFC Championship game.... There are 27 other teams that ended their season before today....

And now he will be attacked brutally by the media for the next 48 hours... and he will disappear till July when Training camp starts, if there is a season.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#14 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,619 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

And now he will be attacked brutally by the media for the next 48 hours... and he will disappear till July when Training camp starts, if there is a season.

I suspect you are right...he got them pretty far...but his "inner will" will be questioned all offseason by the media. I've seen it already on 3 different post-game shows.

#15 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

I suspect you are right...he got them pretty far...but his "inner will" will be questioned all offseason by the media. I've seen it already on 3 different post-game shows.

Yep... they are bandwagon jumping... given that the TRAINERS had the final say.. It makes a good story, instead of talking about how close the Packers almost lost a game they completely dominated for the first 30 minutes.

Or how Brian Urlacher had a monster game, and did everything he could to keep the Bears in the Game...

Or how a 350lb lineman, had the the 6th sense to drop off the line, go half the field to his right and get a critical pick 6....

But no... it's let's continue to attack Jay Cutler...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#16 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,619 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Yep... they are bandwagon jumping... given that the TRAINERS had the final say.. It makes a good story, instead of talking about how close the Packers almost lost a game they completely dominated for the first 30 minutes.

Or how Brian Urlacher had a monster game, and did everything he could to keep the Bears in the Game...

Or how a 350lb lineman, had the the 6th sense to drop off the line, go half the field to his right and get a critical pick 6....

But no... it's let's continue to attack Jay Cutler...

You forgot the part about how the Pack defense stopped the Bears at critical times all day long and almost ended anything of a ground game. :D

But yes...they'll be limited focus on the few things...and the QB tends to get the glory and take the blame in key games.

Both sides, I thought, had alot of key team plays.

#17 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

You forgot the part about how the Pack defense stopped the Bears at critical times all day long and almost ended anything of a ground game. :D

Re #2 in my post here: http://www.dbstalk.c...305&postcount=8

However, I disagree with the holding the run game... I think Martz screwed the pooch and stopped running... when he should have, as Forte was having some success.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#18 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

If you're reading DBSTalk and not watching the playoffs live then you probably don't care that much about football.

You limit technology so that one can't do both? I have Google Chrome open on a 23" monitor while I watch the game courtesy DirecTV2PC on a 42" HDTV. Hope you enjoy your frequent and abundant commercials. All I ask is that you start a thread dedicated to the game prior to kickoff and keep game-related stuff in that thread so that those us not still living in the 20th Century can enjoy the game(s) spoiler-free.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard cInternet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device

#19 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

You limit technology so that one can't do both? I have Google Chrome open on a 23" monitor while I watch the game courtesy DirecTV2PC on a 42" HDTV. Hope you enjoy your frequent and abundant commercials. All I ask is that you start a thread dedicated to the game prior to kickoff and keep game-related stuff in that thread so that those us not still living in the 20th Century can enjoy the game(s) spoiler-free.

Honestly... seriously...

If you are even remotely on the internet now... or even right after the game, you are going to find out the score and the results.

It was IMMEDIATLY on ESPN, most news sites, facebook all over the place...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#20 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

:rolleyes:

It's the playoffs.

spam firewall