Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SWM LNB and cold weather...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

oh, and the kicker!!

direct is wanting to charge my customers (after the 90days) to replace the bad lnbs.......wow are you serious, they make something that doesnt work, then charge to come replace the lnb??

WTF!!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jmf243

jmf243

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

There is another thread in this forum I started when I started having problems with my setup. After trouble shooting numerous scenarios I've deduced the problem is with the LNB. I think my problems started when the temperature dipped into the teens for the first time. I'm only having problems with 771a, 771b, and 771 messages on one receiver that has the longest cable run to it. I'm going to check and see which 3 sat swm LNB I have.

I have the barcode green label 3 sat swm LNB. Two nights ago 2 of my other 3 HD-DVRs started getting 771 messages and crapping out. I have a Service Call on Sunday where I hope to get a functioning LNB.

#23 OFFLINE   quik

quik

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone know by looking at this pic if this LNB would be one of the ones having issues? Thinking about buying it on ebay... in the auction it mentions SL5S4NR2-02.

Posted Image

Side note: Is this all I would need to run 3 x HR22-100 dvrs? (sorry I'm new to SWM setups)

Thanks!

Edited by quik, 03 February 2011 - 11:13 AM.

quick
1 x HR22-100 HD-DVR

1 x HR34-700 Genie

#24 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:09 AM

Deleted. Need to look something up.

#25 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Does anyone know by looking at this pic if this LNB would be one of the ones having issues? Thinking about buying it on ebay... in the auction it mentions SL5S4NR2-02.

Side note: Is this all I would need to run 3 x HR22-100 dvrs? (sorry I'm new to SWM setups)

Thanks!

You should be just fine.

Yes, that LNB (any SWiM lnb for that matter) will support up to 8 tuners. Each DVR takes 2, so you would be using 6 of the 8 available.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#26 OFFLINE   quik

quik

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

You should be just fine.

Yes, that LNB (any SWiM lnb for that matter) will support up to 8 tuners. Each DVR takes 2, so you would be using 6 of the 8 available.

Great, thanks a lot! Gonna go ahead and buy this then.

quick
1 x HR22-100 HD-DVR

1 x HR34-700 Genie

#27 OFFLINE   LP30

LP30

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

I've been getting the 771 error for the past 2 days here in San Antonio. Worked fine. Went to bed when a front moved through that night. Now all 6 receivers have 771 error. First time we've had freezing temperatures since the install. 20's to low 30's without getting above freezing for the past 48 hours. Anyway to know if it is the LNB short of replacing it? I have a Super Bowl party planned and DTV won't have a service call until next week. Does warming the LNB have any effect. The dish is for the most part out of reach. Takes a 30 ft ladder to get to it and on a steep roof. Have a SWM16 switch mounted outside as well.
2 HR24-500s, 4 HR20-700s, 1 H24-500, DECA MRV, SWM3 Slimline dish with SWM 16

#28 OFFLINE   tburns6

tburns6

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

I have an sl5 that stopped working last night at -5 (SE michigan) ,  I verified the problem by 1st checking for snow on dish, was none, and then installing a new sl3 right below the sl5, (last night at 9pm, at -5, lots o fun)  sl3 worked just fine...... but I was too late to catch Blacklist at 10pm so I will have to figure out how I am going to watch that..........grrrrrr....

spam firewall