Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R22, and B-Band Converter help needed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Well I had the R22 hooked up to a old tube tv for awhile, and just recently hooked it up to a hdtv, well I couldn't get any hd channels. So I restarted the box went threw all the menu options still no hd channels listed. So looking threw the menu I seen it say R22(with HD). So I called Directv CS, and the lady on the phone told me I needed B-Band converters for the box(2 of them because the two lines for the DVR). So I got both of them installed before the coax cable goes into the box. I have the box connected to the hdtv threw HDMI. So anyone have any clue to how i can get the hd channels working on this box, did i do something wrong?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mashandhogan

mashandhogan

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Well I had the R22 hooked up to a old tube tv for awhile, and just recently hooked it up to a hdtv, well I couldn't get any hd channels. So I restarted the box went threw all the menu options still no hd channels listed. So looking threw the menu I seen it say R22(with HD). So I called Directv CS, and the lady on the phone told me I needed B-Band converters for the box(2 of them because the two lines for the DVR). So I got both of them installed before the coax cable goes into the box. I have the box connected to the hdtv threw HDMI. So anyone have any clue to how i can get the hd channels working on this box, did i do something wrong?

This is a easy fix. Go into menu-setup-system setup-DISPLAY-preferences-Then select "Hide SD Duplicates" or "show all" from the Guide HD channels option
R22-200 (HD)
(3) HR24-500

R22's are NOT Worthless:)
Yes, I know I can't spell:grin:

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Are you subscribed to an HD package? You must have another HD receiver in your home to use the HD features on an R22. If so, try going to the System Setup and I think it's under Display, make sure it does NOT say "Hide HD Duplicates."
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   mashandhogan

mashandhogan

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

Are you subscribed to an HD package? You must have another HD receiver in your home to use the HD features on an R22. If so, try going to the System Setup and I think it's under Display, make sure it does NOT say "Hide HD Duplicates."

If it says R22 (with HD) then he does have HD access enabled. I have a R22 and it says this since I upgraded to HD
R22-200 (HD)
(3) HR24-500

R22's are NOT Worthless:)
Yes, I know I can't spell:grin:

#5 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Correct I have the HD package, and I have 2 other HD boxes, and one other HDDVR box. I have tryed the hide SD, show all channels option, still no hd channels being listed in the guide.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Make sure the dish type is correct for whatever dish you really have. It should be either a Slimline-3 or Slimline-5. If it's set for anything else, you won't get HD channels on that box.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   lilstone87

lilstone87

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Make sure the dish type is correct for whatever dish you really have. It should be either a Slimline-3 or Slimline-5. If it's set for anything else, you won't get HD channels on that box.

That did it. I can't remember what it was set on, but it wasn't right. I checked my other HD box, and it was slimline-5, so i switch it to that, and now HD channels are there. Thanks for the help, didn't feel like calling Directv CS again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...