Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How many boxes can you have on 1 dishnetwork account

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Davidjones

Davidjones

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

How many boxes can you have on 1 dishnetwork account

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NickF DISH

NickF DISH

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

You can have up to 3 leased receivers (3 HD tvs, 6 total tuners). If you want additional you would need to purchase the equipment.

#3 OFFLINE   Davidjones

Davidjones

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Thanks nick

#4 OFFLINE   Davidjones

Davidjones

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

But I have about 20 tvs is this still ok

#5 OFFLINE   NickF DISH

NickF DISH

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

That's a good question! I'm going to go check that for you.

#6 OFFLINE   NickF DISH

NickF DISH

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Alright so what I found out is you can have up to 6 duo (12 tvs) receivers total. 3 of those receivers could be leased and then the additional 3 would be purchased. That's the max. If you have the 20 tvs I would have to get you in contact with a different department. Do you have a current account or looking to set up a new one?

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

20 TVs? What are you running, a bar?

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#8 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

a do it yourself brothel! :D

#9 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

I would guess in either case, it would be considered a commercial establishment and the OP would need to get a business account.

20 TVs? Do they all need to be able to tune different channels? I would think 12 tuners ought to be sufficient for any family. If you have more than 10 kids, grandkids, nephews, nieces, and in-laws all living under one roof and none of them can stand any of the others long enough to watch TV in the same room with them, or even watch the same program in different rooms, then you have bigger problems than the number of Dish receivers you need.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#10 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

The specs of the DPP44 say three can be trunked together. Wouldn't that mean a limit of twelve receivers possible? Not to say Dish would allow it.

#11 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

The specs of the DPP44 say three can be trunked together. Wouldn't that mean a limit of twelve receivers possible? Not to say Dish would allow it.

Dish has a *policy* limit of 6 receivers (which could serve up to 12 independent TVs) on residential accounts. This isn't a technical limitation, but a limitation created by Dish to help reduce the instances of "account stacking."

Commercial accounts often have many more receivers, but that's a different situation.

I'm sure Dish has a policy for *large* residential accounts, but there aren't very many of those, for other reasons, so it's not something that most folks are going to know off the top of their head.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

But I have about 20 tvs is this still ok

20 TVS :eek2::eek2::eek2:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#13 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

at 7 bucks a month per box (after the first receiver...still 19!) not to mention any DVR fees,taxes,ect....His receiver FEES alone would be more than my WHOLE bill...Guess the economy aint so bad after all! :lol:

#14 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Not to mention the power bill for running 20 TVs all the time.:sure:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#15 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

Well, I do have a location that has about 20 TVs in a combination of sizes, but that's an office building :P

Maybe OP is running a motel?

Yet another thread where too little information leads to speculation.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#16 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

well u gotta think about the filthy rich in those large homes/mansions. believe it or not there are a LOT of them. i went to 1 house an they had 12 receivers. 7 in bedrooms, 1 in the bath, 1 in the theatre, 1 in the office, excercise rm, library, study and the maids quarters. course they had directv. hmm, my math is not good, make that 14. wait 15, there was another in the kids play area. some were singls others were duals. the dish feeds were split into 2 switches, an 8 port an a 16 port.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#17 OFFLINE   dnero

dnero

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

Just put up 5 dishes and use 5 DPP44 switches and now you have 20 outputs pricey but if you have 20 tv's the sky is the limit.

#18 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

If you get the bracket to use separate DP Dual LNBs, you can run 6 DPP44 switches off the same dish.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#19 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

well u gotta think about the filthy rich in those large homes/mansions. believe it or not there are a LOT of them. i went to 1 house an they had 12 receivers. 7 in bedrooms, 1 in the bath, 1 in the theatre, 1 in the office, excercise rm, library, study and the maids quarters. course they had directv. hmm, my math is not good, make that 14. wait 15, there was another in the kids play area. some were singls others were duals. the dish feeds were split into 2 switches, an 8 port an a 16 port.

True, but due to Dish's normal limit on receivers, and the monthly receiver fees, most "big" accounts usually end up with DirecTV, whose policies and pricing are more accomidating to large accounts.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#20 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 716 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Alright so what I found out is you can have up to 6 duo (12 tvs) receivers total.

Also worth noting: 6 of the 12 TVs would be SD.

Just out of curiosity, what other "department" does he need to talk to and how many TVs will they support (not that I would ever need more than 6 receivers)?
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

spam firewall