Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Modulation & remote help, please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nancyh1980

nancyh1980

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

My Grandmother had a camera as channel 69 on her Comcast service. After the direct TV guys left, she no longer can see the camera.
I know the technology to "modulate" the camera signal is different with Direct TV than Comcast.
Please note due to her age, asking her to go to different input on the TV is not an option.
I called around and was told that there is no such thing as modulate the camera into Direct TV.
Is this true? If yes, what would be another option?
Also, the dog chewed up her Direct TV RF remote. Any place to obtain one without having Direct TV coming back?
I am pretty technical regarding running wire....
Thanks you guys for all the help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Unfortunately there really isn't a way to modulate a signal into a DIRECTV receiver. Perhaps, since you are looking for a new remote, you might consider a universal that allows you to program macros. The remote could change inputs for her if programmed properly.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Remotes can be ordered here:

http://www.directv.c...ooternavtype=-1

As Stuart stated, there's no way to add a channel into DirecTV's system. She would have to learn to operate another input, or would need a second display for the camera.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#4 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Would be nice if there was a way but sadly there isn't. Even if there was such a device, the way DirecTV equipment currently works is that available channels are determined by DirecTV guide data and not channel scanning thus unless there was a Channel 69 in your local community, DirecTV equipment would not even allow her to tune to it.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#5 OFFLINE   mashandhogan

mashandhogan

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

What reciever does your grandmother have??
R22-200 (HD)
(3) HR24-500

R22's are NOT Worthless:)
Yes, I know I can't spell:grin:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...