Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H21 signal, no HD question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robs411

robs411

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

I have a H21 receiver that will not receive HD programing. I plugged in my H23 receiver and it showed the programing no issue.

I see two different sets of satellites in the signal meters found in the following locations:

Menu-Satellite-View Signal: Only Shows 101,110,119, SWM

Menu-Satellite-Repeat Sat Setup-Signal Strength: Shows: 101, 99c, 99s, 103s, 103ca, 103cb, SWM.

In setup it does properly show the correct dish slimline3 swm.

Any ideas? It seems it is receiving it but not passing it on to the rest of the box??

-R0b

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Have you tried a re-authorization of the receiver? You can do it on the directv.com website..

5 - HR22-100 4 via regular ethernet, 1 via DECA, 2 HR21-700 networked via regular ethernet, HR21-100 networked via DECA, H25-500
R15-500 Inactive, H20-600 (ECO 2.0) inactive,D11 (Humax LD2060) inactive
Slimline 5 w/ SWM8 parallel w/ SWM16 w/DECA

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'd also restart the DVR.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   Tech_1438

Tech_1438

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Ensure you are setting up the satellite to match the dish that you actually have.

A SWM system has one cable coming from the dish, a "legacy" Slimline dish will have 4 cables. A SWM-5 and Slimline5 "legacy" LNB will have 3 feedhorns or "eyeballs". a SWM-3 and Slimline3 LNB will have only 1.

In a SWM system the H21 needs no B-Band converter. In a "legacy" system the H21 will need a B-band converter to see the Ka satellites and most HD programming. Your H23 has a "wide-band" tuner and does not need a B-band converter in either setup.

Once the proper setup is achieved, tune to channel 206. Does the receiver tune to ESPNHD or ESPN. If it tunes to channel 206 ESPN, and not ESPNHD. Enter the "Guide HD channels" under Menu/Setup/System Setup/Display/Preferences and select "Hide SD Duplicates".

Good Luck!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...