Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Chuck Vs. The Push Mix": OAD 1/31/11 SPOILERS!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

I absolutely LOVED last night's Chuck episode - the way Chuck beat Volkov using Orion's technology and playing on Volkov's obsession with Frost was pleasing to me - he didn't even have to rely on the intersect or his partners (although they helped of course). Jeffster showing up at big moments may be getting a little old but I still laughed pretty heartily at it. I find it interesting that this mid-season "finale" was really made possible by the fact that the show was only signed up for a 13 episode season but when the additional 11 were ordered they just decided to do two different story arcs - not the fist time they have done so on this show! I like it because instead of dragging a story line out (nobody would want to see Casey in a hospital bed more than one week IMO) we get to see an additional "short story" carried out in the same season, and probably an additional high-quality "finale".

Was I the only one who thought the person polishing the floors at the end was going to end up being a bad guy and ruin the proposal? Anyone upset they didn't get to really hear the proposal? I thought it was a nice touch and a great way to end the episode.

I wonder if brunette Sarah will make any further appearances or if she'll be back to full-time blonde. I like both as long as she keeps kicking butt and loving Chuck!

On a side note, does anyone else notice that Chuck almost never flashes anymore??

Next week we get the return of Roan Montgomery (John Larroquette)!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

I liked the line in the preview for next week: "We need a bad guy" :)

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,318 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

I agree. I thought it was an awesome episode! Had everything you could want in one episode. I was totally surprised to hear "scenes from next week's Chuck". I thought it was a finale episode.

I have to admit I never even noticed the floor buffer. I was so focused on the proposal moment. And I liked that we did not hear it. I don't think he said anything. It looked like he just got down on his knees and opened the box. It worked for me. The whole thing was a "no words needed" moment. And a perfect one at that!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,650 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

I kept waiting for the guy with the floor buffer to do something - like he would be the set up for the next bad guy.

Anyway, I actually watched the last 2 episodes back-to-back and thoroughly enjoyed them.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Was I the only one who thought the person polishing the floors at the end was going to end up being a bad guy and ruin the proposal? Anyone upset they didn't get to really hear the proposal? I thought it was a nice touch and a great way to end the episode.

It made a great series finale ... and you can't keep putting off the inevitable. Too many delays in the proposal and people get sick of it.

We didn't need to hear the proposal ... and the idea of despite all the chaos they still get together was good. I could have used less of Jeffster ... but I suppose they are the comedy relief for those that don't get the real jokes.

And the best part: More episodes. Let's see what they come up with next.

On a side note, does anyone else notice that Chuck almost never flashes anymore??

He doesn't need to as much ... he's a real spy - educated and trained. The intersect just helps fill the plot holes where in other series we'd say "how did he know that". Although how the intersect did not know The Contessa was a ship ...

I liked the line in the preview for next week: "We need a bad guy" :)

Yep ... back to old school Chuck - hopefully less relationship tension, less broken intercept problems and more spy vs spy.

#6 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Yep ... back to old school Chuck - hopefully less relationship tension, less broken intercept problems and more spy vs spy.

:biggthump

I'm with you on this one all the way - let's get back to Team Bartowski kicking some bad guys' butts! :kickbutt:

Hopefully they don't kill us with a bunch of drama about setting the wedding date, etc. Then again the writers on that show do a pretty good job of working humor into those situations so even that shouldn't be too burdensome.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hopefully they don't kill us with a bunch of drama about setting the wedding date, etc. Then again the writers on that show do a pretty good job of working humor into those situations so even that shouldn't be too burdensome.

In some ways I hope they don't touch the wedding at all. I suppose that is the next step.

#8 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

My guess is that the wedding will happen on the series finale (if the writers get advance notice that the show is done).
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#9 OFFLINE   MikeS.

MikeS.

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

Is it the consenses that the series will end this year? I hope not.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...