First off, this is just asking questions, if you read this post WRONG you may think its an attack or something but i just want to ask some questions. thats all. Please dont reply if you dont know.
I have seen NO ONE comment on the new swm lnbs. I have stated a few times that they used to have a white insert on the coax feed, and now they have brown, and just recently it went orange....
Dial back the attacks a notch or two and you may actually get some help.
1) Does anyone here even acknowlege this? obviously they are chaning things very quickly and making it very easy to tell what batch they came from with different colored inserts.
I cant believe no has commented on this. Does this mean no one here actually has a colored insert?? If all you have is the white ones, then obvioulsy you havent had bad ones.
What is the exact model number on the LNB? Example SL3S4NR2-03. Not WNC, E/A, but the model # on the green lable. No current LNBs are anything but DirecTv branded. Now to decode the model #
SL3 = Slimline 3
S = SWiM
4 = not sure
N = No pigtails (wish they would put them back on)
R2 = Revision #2
03 = Mfg code
2) Does anyone here even deal with new equipment? Or just stating stuff from last year or last years stuff.
New stuff fresh off the boat/plane.
3) Does anyone install 4 HD boxes on every job because of a mpeg 4 market? Please dont ask what an mpeg4 market is....do a search.
Not an MP4 market, but do plenty of mixed installs.
4) Has anyone tried a H23 in place of a H24 with a searching for signal problem?
5) Does anyone here install 15 swm setups a week?
Let me ask you this. Has anyone their bothered to fill out and send a FPR to your FOM? Or is just a bunch of kvetching in the shop? Has anyone bothered to send these "defective" LNBs to DirecTvs engineering to be looked at?