Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OH NO!!!! LNBS still bad.....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

Dad said his WNC SWM LNB and HR24-100 were having some stuttering issues last night. It has been in the single digits here lately.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

I still think you are exaggerating I work in the same market as you and close 3-4 jobs a day working 6 days a week and am not seeing SIN7s on my work much less the amount of service calls you claim are coming from Des Moines. I almost exclusively do SWM installs.

I'm installing the same equipment as you and having nowhere near the widespread problem you are claiming exists.

In another thread you claim to have 30 of your installs coming back to you with problems. That's over a full week of customers having issues. There isn't a tech in the Des Moines HSP warehouse with that many FSRs or SIN7s. You're exaggerating the problem and that doesn't help find or fix anything.

thanks for your concern.....

im not exaggerating anything, these are only the ones I "know" of, i didnt include all the lnbs in the minneapolis area going bad, we ship the equipment from here up to there, we have a guy running up there once a week. He probrably has another 15 or 20 up there that im not including those.

My office just called me yesterday and said we have to find the addresses that 60 lnbs came from and now i have to go through and try to remember which ones were mine. So if anything im only covering half the lnbs, theres over 60 just from our little retail store.

Im not sure why anyone would post up with no knowlege and claim someone is lieing about something, make the phone call if you wish, call dsi in des moines.

I still have no idea what you are talking about with a tech in des moines......its a warehouse not an install company.

And for having a "full week" of issues.....wow your way off, its been 2 months straight.

#43 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

well i dont know why we had those 2 bad eagle aspens..... but its now been -20F here for the last couple nights and have not had any other eagles die.

It sure is nice not have 15 phone calls a week about 771 problem.....good god i hope that doesnt happen ever again, what a PITA!!!!

Back to making money once again

Protected By... spam firewall...And...