Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Receiver keeps losing ability to see DVRs

extender

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:02 PM

Well I didn't say that you weren't helpful. I was just asking about an attitude that I perceive.

And again, I recognize that some folks here think I've been making all of this up, but Doug knows who came to visit today. I'm not one to name drop.

I believe the issue is that we were getting frustrated. We provided input and suggestions on things to check and you didn't want to do that. You also wouldn't answer our questions completely and provided us with conflicting information.

While I am glad that your issue appears to be resolved, I think it could have been taken care of within the first week of you posting here.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

I think it is somewhat strange that some folks here seem to think that they know more than the guys that designed these systems.

How could that possibly be?

And why do you put "they" in quotation marks?

And of course they have run the coax tests. All of those check out as I posted before.

because it is true. my last installers didn't know about the network test you can peform on the 24s.
  • Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

#163 OFFLINE   coit

coit

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

You also wouldn't answer our questions completely and provided us with conflicting information.

Look, we've been through that before. I answered with what I thought was the right answers. Been learning as I went along I guess.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing my initial hunch was correct, right? :D

#164 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,981 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

We expect everyone to be learning as they go here, but at the same time we kind of expect suggestions to be taken too, or if not understood, asked about.
Stubbornness didn't help anyone here, so I wouldn't give much credit to anyone"s "hunch", when it could have been found out/proved so much sooner. :nono:
A.K.A VOS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: extender

Protected By... spam firewall...And...