Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Old DVR's and moving cards around

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HuweyII

HuweyII

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

I've got an R10 DVR still enabled. I also have a spare HDVR1 sitting here not doing anything. If I take the card from m R10 and stick it in my HDVR1 will the HDVR1 work?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

It is very likely that it won't. And, if it does, that will be only temporary. At somepoint it will stop.

And :welcome_s to DBSTalk!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,712 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Access Cards are "married" to their specific Receiver/DVR. DirecTV will send you a new one if needed for ~$20. But note that older "non-RID" equipment will no longer be activated, unless it originally on your own account.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Cards are married to units, and depending on the age of the cards, they may not even be current....it is possible in certain circumstances to move cards between units with the help of the access card team, but you cant do it without their help.

#5 OFFLINE   HuweyII

HuweyII

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Good data, thanks everyone!

I'll just have the unplug the R10 and take it out to the motorhome whenever it's time to go somewhere.

I don't want to activate another receiver. DirecTV is already nickle and dimeing me to death. And the motorhome only has a single LNB dish so no HD anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...