Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Disconnected from Whole Home DVR

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snapaniac

Snapaniac

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

All of a sudden my DVRs are disconnecting from the deca network.

I made no changed to anything. Just started happening all of a sudden in the middle of a show.

Now I can't get the boxes to stay connected.

I do NOT have my boxes hooked to the internet, they are using Deca and are not connected to my wireless router in anyway.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried resetting the boxes, hasn' fixed the problem yet.

I have 3 HR24 and 1 H24

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Since you have 24s, I'd go into the coax network menu and run a couple of tests from the menu there on all receivers.

You get into this menu by pressing the guide and > "buttons" [both at the same time] on the front panel. This can take a few tries before you get into the menu, but you'll know it when you see it.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Are you having any issues with the satellite signal dropping out on any of your receivers? Or is it just the DECA network dropping out?

#4 OFFLINE   Snapaniac

Snapaniac

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Actually, it's just the Deca... the signal from the sat is in the upper 90s.... can't figure it out

#5 OFFLINE   moxie1617

moxie1617

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

Check out the thread in this forum regarding static IP addresses. Since setting static IP addresses I have had only one disconnect in the past six months vs at least once a week.
http://www.dbstalk.c...203#post2617203

#6 OFFLINE   Snapaniac

Snapaniac

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

I don't have my set up connected to a router at all. My boxes are not connected to the internet, so using the static IP address outside my DHCP range solution, shouldn't apply to my situation.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Would moving the PI to another box make a difference?

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

I don't have my set up connected to a router at all. My boxes are not connected to the internet, so using the static IP address outside my DHCP range solution, shouldn't apply to my situation.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Would moving the PI to another box make a difference?

In my first reply I asked you to run some tests. :shrug:
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Check out the thread in this forum regarding static IP addresses. Since setting static IP addresses I have had only one disconnect in the past six months vs at least once a week.
http://www.dbstalk.c...203#post2617203

The OP doesn't have his receivers connected to a router. They would have self assigned IP addresses and that should act like a static address.

There should be no reason to assign them another one.

EDIT: Oops... too late. :)

Edited by Go Beavs, 06 February 2011 - 09:35 AM.
Took too long to post....

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#9 OFFLINE   Snapaniac

Snapaniac

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

Oh Sorry, VOS... completely forgot to run the test. Been busy this weekend. When I get back later, I'll post my results!

Thanks for the help guys!

Weird though... I've had DirecTV since september and have had no problems really and haven't changed a thing, and then all of sudden it's starts acting up.

At first I did have the internet installed when I first signed up, but couldn't get the TVapps thing to work so I uninstalled it and was going to put the ICK on a different box to see if that would fix the TVapps thing, but never got around to doing it. That was months ago though.

Maybe I should install the ICK and see if that helps my problem? I wouldn't think it would though.

When I get back today, I'll run the coax test and check my connections to make sure nothing is loose.

Oh, yesterday I did get the no audio from server/ datal packet lost message. The day before that, the units were just disconnecting and reconnecting.

Like I said though, I haven't had the boxes hooked up to a router in months. Never had a problem with MRV until 2 days ago. Weird. Maybe a hardware issue???

Thanks for the help, I learn a TON from you guys!

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Runs the tests and then post the results. If they don't show anything, then you'll know what "shouldn't be" the problem, and can move on to other things.
A.K.A VOS

#11 OFFLINE   JGL

JGL

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

I've noticed this happening with mine, too. So far, I've only noticed it on my 2 HR20-100's. They have been disconnecting from the network for a few seconds, but they always seem to reconnect on their own.
I have them set as static IP's, and outside of my DHCP range of the router. Everything has been working great, and I've made no changes to anything. This has been happening for the last week or so.

#12 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

I've noticed this happening with mine, too. So far, I've only noticed it on my 2 HR20-100's. They have been disconnecting from the network for a few seconds, but they always seem to reconnect on their own.
I have them set as static IP's, and outside of my DHCP range of the router. Everything has been working great, and I've made no changes to anything. This has been happening for the last week or so.

Disconnect the Broadband DECA and see if the issue persists.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#13 OFFLINE   JGL

JGL

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

Disconnect the Broadband DECA and see if the issue persists.

- Merg

I'll be out of town this week, but I'll try to experiment with it next weekend.

#14 OFFLINE   agent229

agent229

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

I have the same issue and it's been getting much worse. they are not connected to Internet, only the coax. i am trying to run the tests mentioned by veryoldschool, but when i get into the systems diagnostics menu, and select coax network, all I see is an info tab or a phy rate mesh tab. are either of these the test you were talking about?? thank you!

#15 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

I have the same issue and it's been getting much worse. they are not connected to Internet, only the coax. i am trying to run the tests mentioned by veryoldschool, but when i get into the systems diagnostics menu, and select coax network, all I see is an info tab or a phy rate mesh tab. are either of these the test you were talking about?? thank you!

When you first select coax network, you should see a list of the DECAs. The 24s will show their friendly names and the others will show their MAC address.
So:
0 xxxxxx 30
1 xxxxxx N/A [receiver running this test]
2 xxxxxx 35

the 30/35 is the loss between the receiver running the test and the other DECA.

Now when you select PHY MESH, it will run another test where it shows the bit-rates between each node[DECA]
So:
0-1-2.....
1 x x...
2 x x...
where the "x" is the bit-rate
A.K.A VOS

#16 OFFLINE   agent229

agent229

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

ok thanks... so what exactly am I looking for there? I think I'm going to try resetting both first... though I've tried that before

#17 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

ok thanks... so what exactly am I looking for there? I think I'm going to try resetting both first... though I've tried that before

On the first screen the max loss should be around 50 or less.
On the second screen, the numbers should be greater than 220.

Here are some screen shots:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1299349056

http://www.dbstalk.c...=1&d=1299349056

Edited by veryoldschool, 05 March 2011 - 12:21 PM.

A.K.A VOS

#18 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,982 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wow, nice Physical Levels VOS. Probably the best out there.

#19 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Wow, nice Physical Levels VOS. Probably the best out there.

Currently the H25 is giving a more accurate reading than the 24s [which are about 10 dB higher].

http://www.dbstalk.c...62&postcount=38
A.K.A VOS

#20 OFFLINE   agent229

agent229

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

problem persists... I can even see the playlist from the hd receiver but when I try to actually play something it won't work.

here's my screenshots:

Attached Thumbnails

• image-176408410.png
  • image-263350988.png

Protected By... spam firewall...And...