Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help! No signal on Super Bowl Sunday!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jake14mw

jake14mw

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

Wooo Hoooo! Back in business with signal strengths over 90 everywhere. Thanks very much to everyone for helping, I really appreciate it, especially Davenlr! The elevation lock down screw was totally loose. Once I moved that adjustment screw, the strengths started moving quickly. Dave, I really apreciate your detailed instructions, that got me there. Now I can get back to my normal party planning, and guests won't be getting a bad impression of DirecTV. Thanks all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Glad to help. Enjoy the game.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#23 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

This was a nice thread to read!!! I wish other forums were as helpful as dbstalk! Kudos to all that chipped in to help this person,thats what makes dbs talk so gr:Deat!!

#24 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

Easiest thing is would be to go outside and be on a cell phone with someone who can read the meter and read you numbers. I would make a mark on the dish & pole of where the dish sits right now just in case you need to put things back (as you are not 100% sure where the issue is) then start moving the dish towards the south-west ever so slightly.

Glad to help. Enjoy the game.

You da man!

I was hesitant to get into the dither eq but you talked him down. Also, I forgot about the possibility of multiple helpers on multiple TVs. Must have been a wild ride!

Joe

#25 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

This was a nice thread to read!!! I wish other forums were as helpful as dbstalk! Kudos to all that chipped in to help this person,thats what makes dbs talk so gr:Deat!!

+1 :)

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#26 OFFLINE   TwoPhases

TwoPhases

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Now go Packers!

#27 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,226 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Glad to hear things are working again and enjoy the game - Go Steelers!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

Protected By... spam firewall...And...