Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Undocumented Acutrac III+ SWM mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   erehm

erehm

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

I just bought an Acutrac III+. The included manual lists two modes, DTV and Multi, for DirecTV and Dish, respectively. However, my new Acutrac has three modes on the actual LCD menu: DTV, Multi, and SWM.

I cannot find anything about the SWM mode on the web or on the vendor website itself (www.acutrac.tv).

Does anyone know if I can now plug in the Acutrac III+ to one of the SWM8 outputs and use this mode instead? In a weird way, this could be easier for one of installations I'm working on.

Edited by erehm, 06 February 2011 - 10:58 PM.
clarify

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tweaked

tweaked

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

I'd worked with an Acutrac III Plus several weeks ago, one that turned out to be defective. I didn't get the chance to use it extensively however, with respect to SWM powering capability, it offered none. An ASL or signal-splitter was required to meter an SWM LNB. If Emitor's introduced SWM enabled meters (in the Acutrac line), that's news to me.

#3 OFFLINE   Manctech

Manctech

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

I use an Accutrac III+ and have never been able to get it to work with SWM. With our without the ASL tool... I just swap a KA/KU 3 LNB to peak and use the SWM installation meter for detecting the SWM network.

TWC Technician (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson Area)

spam firewall