Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

wrong info

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lomavista

lomavista

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

i upgrade my dish from the phase 3 oval to the au9 swm sl3 but its given me the wrong info on dish pointing its showing on my reciever azimuth 164 elev 49 tilt 93 im using an r-16 reciever i went over to dishpointer.com and got the reading need for the sl3 azimuth 153 elev 48 title 102 what could becausing the wrong info

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

One thing to remember is that the Phase III dish aiming is centered on the 110 satellite.
The AU9 Slimline is centered on 101.
You need to select which dish on the receiver for it to report the correct parameters.

On dishpointer make sure you're selecting the correct multisat selection.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

The info on the receiver comes from the ZIP CODE that was put in which is much less accurate then Dishpointer which points right at your location.

(Edit: Also what the fellow above wrote)

#4 OFFLINE   lomavista

lomavista

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

i set my reciever for swm sl3 which it works fine im getting 97% signal on the 101 and swm just not the correct readings my reciever is telling me i know there is a 9deg difference between phase 3 nad the au9

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Check all transponders on 101. You could be pointed at the wrong satellite. Giving us the readings will help us determine this.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Everybody is correct,
Those coordinates show a line to a launch location; the parking lot 23,000 miles out (in the Clarke Belt) where good little satellites go to work. There are few or many different satellites in these locations above the equator. Among them are satellites Directv owns or leases. The transponders aboard the satellites resend the signals they receive from up links or other sats.

Launch locations are nine degrees apart....101....110.....119 and all the others, found at points referred to by West Longitude positions. It's da law...nine degrees apart! For reasons I forgot, Directv is allowed to use locations for HD signals from lower power birds that are three degrees on either side of the 101 (W Long.) launch position.

The Sl3 doesn't even "see" the 110 or 119 sats....tune on the 101 using the zip code coordinates shown for the Sl3 and not the Phase III.

So both the dishpointer line and the zip code coordinates are equivalent. You just have to fine tune the results. This is called "peaking" the dish.

Then you need beer and pizza to enjoy the results of your work. God is in His heaven and all is right with the world...IF you tightened the bolts.

Joe

Edited by joe diamond, 08 February 2011 - 02:23 PM.
typo

#7 OFFLINE   lomavista

lomavista

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

tried a different reciever to day hr-24 running 96-100 on all sat 99,101,103 which it gave me the correct readings i know with the r-16 you can only see the 101 but everthing is working fine but if you ever try to install a system dont depend on the reciever your going to have a hard time thanks to dishpointer it was easy as pie and i didnt use a meter either

Protected By... spam firewall...And...