Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

IFC/WE separation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 02:41 AM

Though I have DirecTV, I have been curious about a Dish Network topic: I went into Sears today, looked at Dish Network, did some channel flipping, and looked through Dish Network promotional materials.

I noticed that Independent Film Channel and Women's Entertainment are no longer presented as split services -- and that they are now offered by Dish Network as full service programming stations.

I think this is great, and it's the way it should be done. After all, there's a reason why Dish and DirecTV subscribers have gotten away from cable, and split services may be one of many reasons, et al.

My question is this: How long ago did this happen?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 06:31 AM

It happened in Late January.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 11:22 AM

I totally agree with you, it is the way it should be.
Thanks for replying neilster1, I had no idea.
In the near futurer were going to move this topic over to the Programming forum....... :)

DS0816,Thanks for the input, it's always nice to see a new face here :D

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 03:03 PM

It happened on Jan 22 at around 1PM

Protected By... spam firewall...And...