Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-500's Partially Lit Up This Morning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 514 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

Both my HR20-700s rebooted. Wired MRV is A-OK. Why would they need another reboot with DECA?

Well if more people than Rich have to reboot with DECA...it shows exactly how wonderful it is. To me its flawed and will be for some time. There are so many issues coming up with it after techs leave a subs home thats rediculous. I realize most do not have cat5 all over the house and yes DECA is the way, I just feel its far from primetime.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Would you check your firmware number and the date and time it downloaded? None of my HRs show an update last night. The latest update was done to my 20-700s at 1/13, 3:34am.

Rich

I have an HR24-100 and I got an update this morning at 3:24AM. I think it's Ox454. And it was "partially" on. The ring was lit but the power button was off.
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#23 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

Well if more people than Rich have to reboot with DECA...it shows exactly how wonderful it is. To me its flawed and will be for some time. There are so many issues coming up with it after techs leave a subs home thats rediculous. I realize most do not have cat5 all over the house and yes DECA is the way, I just feel its far from primetime.

I disagree. DECA works just fine (the only reason I still have 2 DVRs on Gigabit Ethernet is that it would cost me money for the additional DECAs). We'll never know how many DECA customers had this current 'glitch' but everything still worked, or how many Ethernet customers had to reboot. :nono2:

The real question is, what caused the glitch? Is the strange display a designed indicator of something deliberate happening, or did (for example) some error in the guide data cause a 'should not occur' condition (in which case all bets are off as to the status of the box afterwards)?

#24 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:30 AM

Mine all come back on fine. Why do you have to reboot?

I think it's because I have so many. If I don't reboot them all, some won't be on the Playlist.

Rich

#25 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

I do have the whole house wired for Ethernet, but then I got the installation at no cost and they threw in a 24-500 at no cost, so I got the DECA system. Prior to that, I couldn't get all my HRs on the Ethernet setup. Just wouldn't take all of them. Dunno why. Having to reboot all of them is the only problem I have now.

Rich

Edited by Rich, 08 February 2011 - 09:39 AM.
missing letter

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

I have an HR24-100 and I got an update this morning at 3:24AM. I think it's Ox454. And it was "partially" on. The ring was lit but the power button was off.

Huh. Wonder if that download was just for the 24-100s and affected all of the HRs.

Rich

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

I disagree. DECA works just fine (the only reason I still have 2 DVRs on Gigabit Ethernet is that it would cost me money for the additional DECAs). We'll never know how many DECA customers had this current 'glitch' but everything still worked, or how many Ethernet customers had to reboot. :nono2:

The real question is, what caused the glitch? Is the strange display a designed indicator of something deliberate happening, or did (for example) some error in the guide data cause a 'should not occur' condition (in which case all bets are off as to the status of the box afterwards)?

Somebody should have the correct answer soon.

Rich

#28 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 719 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

All my HR24-100's got 0454 last night. This morning circles were all on but not logo or video output lights, and AM21 power lights were off too.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#29 OFFLINE   Salad Is Slaughter

Salad Is Slaughter

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

My two HR24-100s showed 0x454 (I think) at 2:24 Pacific. Don't know if my HR21-100 got anything. Did notice. Both 24s had to rebuild their play lists.

#30 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

All my HR24-100's got 0454 last night. This morning circles were all on but not logo or video output lights, and AM21 power lights were off too.

That download must have caused all the HRs to reboot. I think I remember something like this happening before.

Still rebooting, only two to go now. I do pay a price for my fleet.....:lol:

Rich

#31 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

My two HR24-100s showed 0x454 (I think) at 2:24 Pacific. Don't know if my HR21-100 got anything. Did notice. Both 24s had to rebuild their play lists.

Begins to look like we have the cause.

Rich

#32 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 719 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

I forgot to mention but on two of my 24's, it replaced the CE software that had You Tube support.

I checked 0454, and all my 24's now have You Tube support. :)

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#33 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,148 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

I forgot to mention but on two of my 24's, it replaced the CE software that had You Tube support.

I checked 0454, and all my 24's now have You Tube support. :)

So, I guess I'll be doing a lot of rebooting for a couple weeks. Oh, goody.....:nono2:

Rich

#34 OFFLINE   dmac_LA

dmac_LA

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

What SW version are you guys running?

#35 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 514 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

What SW version are you guys running?

Running 0x452 on HR24-500's here...not updated last night but they did reboot. As I posted page before tech support stated it maybe was a patch for you tube feature. Makes sense since Doug posted feature now active. YouTube is available...oh goody.

Edited by adamson, 08 February 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

My HR20 rebooted. My HR21 did not. No update on either machine. I've had YouTube access for almost a month on the HR20.

HR20 is connected to Internet; HR21 is not.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#37 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

Let's move the discussion to the software Issues/Discussion thread since it seems the national rollout may now be complete:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=187092
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...