Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New PPV Coupons on Account

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

I don't usually look at PPV coupon tab on my account unless I've received something in the mail from DISH. Knowing PPV coupons were part of the Feb. 1 price increase for AEP customers (something I only learned here since DISH never sent anything in writing), I checked my account over the weekend. Sure enough, there are 6 PPV coupons there which expire April 27.

I have yet to receive anything from DISH telling me they are there. I suspect many customers will never find them and they will go unused. There are a lot of things I like about DISH, but their communication with customers is ludicrious. Thank heaven I have DBS Talk to keep me informed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:50 AM

Those are a Dish 30th anniversary gift. I'm auto-pay and paperless but I check my statement online. The anniversary gift is on page 3.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   wilssm

wilssm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

I got an e-mail from dish today telling me of the pay per view movies

#4 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

I've had my PPV's for a few weeks and I don't believe I ever heard "Direct" from DishTV...I did hear from the Dish Rep's here and elsewhere who have been extremely helpful.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Those are a Dish 30th anniversary gift. I'm auto-pay and paperless but I check my statement online. The anniversary gift is on page 3.

That's interesting. My online statement only has 2 pages. I won't get the next statement until about the 15th. The coupons were issued Jan. 27 so before they tell me about them 2 1/2 weeks of their life will have passed.

I still say they are terrible about communicating with customers. Since I am paperless, I know they have my email address because I get a notice when the statement is online. I'm still waiting for anything from DISH about the Feb. 1 price increase too. My account now show the increase under monthly charges but couldn't they have sent an email saying how it would affect me. Read the thread about the price increase and you'll see many customers were confused.

#6 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

My statement date is the 5th so it has 3 pages this month. And I got the email this morning about it. I may actually use a couple of these. Or not. :P
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#7 OFFLINE   jporum

jporum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

I still say they are terrible about communicating with customers.

+1 You would think with the big promotions they are doing right now (free Starz/Encore/Platinum/PPV and the waiver of the EHD fee on the Vip receivers), they would have sent somthing out. Customers would be very appreciative of these freebies, and Dish has done zero communication of these gifts, except perhaps in the monthly bill. I don't get mine until the end of the month, so had I not read about these here, I would likely not have known about it.

#8 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:13 AM

I got an extra page in my (paper) bill explaining the "gift".
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#9 OFFLINE   superfreddy

superfreddy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

Hmmm. never got mine. I got 3 in January when I called and asked for the Cinemax promotion. I guess I missed having six in Feb since I got three in Jan?

#10 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

I received a separate email (apart from my billing notification) regarding the PPC coupons. You guys should check your SPAM folder.

#11 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

I can't even see my statement. When I click on the "View" button all I get is a popup from IE saying it cannot download viewPastStatement.do from Dishnetwork.

I don't know how many PPV coupons lapse because there wasn't anything available I wanted to watch.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#12 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

I can't even see my statement. When I click on the "View" button all I get is a popup from IE saying it cannot download viewPastStatement.do from Dishnetwork.

I don't know how many PPV coupons lapse because there wasn't anything available I wanted to watch.

Do you have Adobe Reader active on your computer?

#13 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

Received a separate note here as well (had to check my SPAM).

#14 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Do you have Adobe Reader active on your computer?

Thanks, Bill.

Yes I do. Adobe Reader 8.25. I normally have my preferences set to not display PDF in browser. But during my attempts to see or download my statements, I tried it both ways.

After numerous attempts, I did get the current statement in Internet Explorer. To get this to work, I had AcroRead set to display PDF in browser. I made sure the plugin was enabled in IE. Even then it doesn't work. It tries to open a new window or tab (depending on IE settings) to display the PDF. That fails with the usual errors. But the empty tab or window stays open, allowing me to copy the URL it is trying to open.

What I did then was close IE completely, and then open it again with the copied URL as its object. Dishnetwork.com pops up a login box. I login and lo and behold there was my statement. This usually does not work. Multiple attempts are needed. I downloaded one previous statement this way but on the next success, it actually opened up an AcroRead window.

I gave up at that point. What a major PITA. :(
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#15 OFFLINE   jimb

jimb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

I'm a long timer and got nothing as of today since last Sept. :mad:

#16 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

In addition to the email, I received a nice multi color multi page thingie in the mail. We promptly used one Saturday night to watch Red. not too bad...

#17 OFFLINE   moonwolf

moonwolf

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

For those who wish to see if they have any PPV certs., just sign in on line to your account. There will be a "My pay-per-view certificates" option under My Account.

Check there to see if you have any certificates, and their exp.

#18 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

I finally got an email this morning telling me about the coupons. Only 19 days after they were posted to my account.

#19 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

I finally got an email this morning telling me about the coupons. Only 19 days after they were posted to my account.

Ditto......:lol:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#20 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

I received an email,a notice with my bill and just the other day a very nice card in the mail telling me about my Dish Network 30 year celebration anniversary gift.Very nice,Thank You! Dish Network!.:D

spam firewall