Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Youtube Videos on DIRECTV HD DVR

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#341 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

Why wont it display hd videos? Its fine on the pc but is 480 on d*

+1

Any word if we'll ever get YouTube videos in HD?

I currently can stream YouTube videos in HD on my Apple TV2. The quality is awesome. I’m hoping for the same option with DIRECTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#342 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

That's pretty much baseless speculation that the posts quoted below pretty well contradict. We're not talking about record/save capability... just the most basic navigation functions.

Let's not go out of our way to make excuses for the poor/half baked implementation that DIRECTV is providing on their DVRs.

Not out of the way at all, but thanks for your concern, as well as going out of your way to criticize my p.o.v.

Can you conceive of a situation where in order to make sure they aren't saveable that rewind is more difficult to do?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#343 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

I just got this working, thought I'd post it up in case it will help anyone.

Background: I have a HR20-700, 0x458. I have not had my receiver hooked up to the network for about a year because it conflicted with the PopcornHour back then. I decided I wanted Youtube, so I tried to get it.

I connected the network cable and there was no Youtube option, but the network connection was good and Music, Photos & More showed up in the Menu.

I rebooted and still had no luck. I pressed the right arrow key and set up TV Apps (Weather, NHL, NBA, MLB, etc.). I waited about an hour and still no Youtube option under Smart Search.

I rebooted again and it was there. The web video option was also blocked in the Parental settings.

#344 OFFLINE   neastguy

neastguy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

wow just got the youtube working and the lack of ff and rw really makes it suck.. :)

#345 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

D*'s implementation of YouTube is half baked like Media Share which has been beta from inception. I guess a half baked function gives D* a talking point in their ads.

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

#346 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

D*'s implementation of YouTube is half baked like Media Share which has been beta from inception. I guess a half baked function gives D* a talking point in their ads.

Certainly there's a talking point there!

Youtube on TV has limited appeal/use for me; too many computers!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#347 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

I realize this is an old thread but I thought that I would try to post to it since it has to do with not getting youtube. I have read through some of this thread as I am not getting a youtube option in my smart search. I had Whole Home installed today and it was completed at 11am. It is now 7:35pm and still no youtube after a couple of receiver reboots.

Do I need to just wait a day or so to see if it shows up. Will I need to reboot my receivers again to see if I get it?

#348 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

Run the system test in the setup menu to verify you are connected to the internet. If you are, be patient and it should show up.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#349 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,919 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Did you get a Cinema Connection Kit?

#350 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

Run the system test in the setup menu to verify you are connected to the internet. If you are, be patient and it should show up.

Did you get a Cinema Connection Kit?

Yes I have Cinema Connection Kit. I have the supported set up with Swim and Deca cloud. I have verified that I am connected to the internet. So do I just wait to see if it shows up?

#351 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yes I have Cinema Connection Kit. I have the supported set up with Swim and Deca cloud. I have verified that I am connected to the internet. So do I just wait to see if it shows up?

Just like the ketchup commercial I suppose... :)

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#352 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,908 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

I realize this is an old thread but I thought that I would try to post to it since it has to do with not getting youtube. I have read through some of this thread as I am not getting a youtube option in my smart search. I had Whole Home installed today and it was completed at 11am. It is now 7:35pm and still no youtube after a couple of receiver reboots.

Do I need to just wait a day or so to see if it shows up. Will I need to reboot my receivers again to see if I get it?

Go into Settings/Parental Control and turn on Web Videos.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#353 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Just like the ketchup commercial I suppose... :)

Thanks. I have more confidence in this forum than a D* CSR so if I don't see a change in a couple of days I will post back for some suggestions on what to look for to try and solve the problem.

#354 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

When my HR22-100 was replaced with my HR24-500 it took about a day and a half for YouTube to activate after authorizing the new receiver. You will need to go to System Information and Test to see if your settings allow web videos.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#355 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Go into Settings/Parental Control and turn on Web Videos.

I saw that suggestion in this thread but I do not see a Web Videos option in Parental Control.

#356 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

I saw that suggestion in this thread but I do not see a Web Videos option in Parental Control.

It will appear after YouTube activates.

#357 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,908 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

What software version are your HRs running?

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#358 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

It will appear after YouTube activates.

Thank you to all that have replied with suggestions, I appreciate your thoughts

So if I do not see a web video parental control option can I assume that the issue is that youtube has not yet activated?

#359 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Thank you to all that have replied with suggestions, I appreciate your thoughts

So if I do not see a web video parental control option can I assume that the issue is that youtube has not yet activated?

Yes. Allow Web Videos did not appear on my settings menu until after YouTube activated.

#360 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

What software version are your HRs running?

HR23-700 has version 04d1 which downloaded on 8/18
HR20-100 has version 0x4d9 downloaded on 9/14

Protected By... spam firewall...And...