Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Youtube Videos on DIRECTV HD DVR

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,768 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

I saw that suggestion in this thread but I do not see a Web Videos option in Parental Control.

Did you read this post . . .

Had already tried that and the option didn't show up.

I did fix the problem. It had to do with the wiring. The DECA and the SWM power box were wired in the wrong order. I rewired and rebooted my DVRs and YouTube showed up.

Thanks for all the help.

. . . . And verified that's not your problem.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Yes. Allow Web Videos did not appear on my settings menu until after YouTube activated.

OK thanks so much to you and the others for taking the time to reply to my issue. I'll wait a few days and I'll post back that I am all set or that I need some help trouble shooting.

#363 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,768 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

HR23-700 has version 04d1 which downloaded on 8/18
HR20-100 has version 0x4d9 downloaded on 9/14

Activation from DirecTV is pretty instant.

And those are the latest NR. Which do have YouTube.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#364 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Did you read this post . . .. . . . And verified that's not your problem.

I read that post. I think that my wiring is correct so I will wait a couple of days to see if the issue is that youtube has nit been activated. If it does not show up in a couple of days then I will double check on the wiring and post back for some trouble shooting suggestions.

Activation from DirecTV is pretty instant.

I'll double check my wiring and post back tomorrow if I need additional help. Thank you.

#365 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

I read that post. I think that my wiring is correct so I will wait a couple of days to see if the issue is that youtube has nit been activated. If it does not show up in a couple of days then I will double check on the wiring and post back for some trouble shooting suggestions.

I'll double check my wiring and post back tomorrow if I need additional help. Thank you.

I quick way to see if YouTube activated is to go to Smart Search and hit AAAAA. You should see Key Word and YouTube on the right of the screen.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#366 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I quick way to see if YouTube activated is to go to Smart Search and hit AAAAA. You should see Key Word and YouTube on the right of the screen.

That is exactly what I am doing. All I see is the Keyword option. So I will wait.

I checked my wiring believe that my wiring is correct:

HR20-100 is multiswitch-->PI "power to swm outlet. PI -->splitter. Splitter-->band filter-->Sat 1. Splitter-->deca-->Sat2
HR23-700 is multiswitch-->black broadband adapter and white deca. White deca--> Sat 1 and router

Edited by bossfan50, 19 September 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#367 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

That is exactly what I am doing. All I see is the Keyword option. So I will wait.

Yup......YouTube takes awhile to activate. When it does the Allow Web Videos will be set to block so you will have to change it to allow.

#368 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Yup......YouTube takes awhile to activate. When it does the Allow Web Videos will be set to block so you will have to change it to allow.

OK thanks again sounds like I need to wait to see what happens. Assuming this is just having to wait for youtube to be activated will I will I have to reboot the receivers and/or router and my computer to verify? I'll post back in a couple of days either way to let you know if this is resolved.

I edited my above post to make sure that the wiring is correct which I think it is.

Edited by bossfan50, 19 September 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#369 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,658 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

OK thanks again sounds like I need to wait to see what happens. Assuming this is just having to wait for youtube to be activated will I will I have to reboot the receivers and/or router and my computer to verify? I'll post back in a couple of days either way to let you know if this is resolved.

Rebooting has not been necessary for me. In any event, your computer isn't involved at all.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#370 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

I edited my above post to make sure that the wiring is correct which I think it is.

Laxguy is correct. No reboot is necessary. After YouTube activates remember to set Allow Web Videos to allow and you will be good to go.

#371 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

Laxguy is correct. No reboot is necessary. After YouTube activates remember to set Allow Web Videos to allow and you will be good to go.

I will remember. Thank you.

#372 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

In my experience, I have never needed to set parental controls to allow for YouTube to work. In fact, I have it set to "block" in parental controls and it still shows up in SmartSearch. I just have to enter my access code for the list of videos to appear.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#373 OFFLINE   bossfan50

bossfan50

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

I wanted to post back here that I am now getting youtube videos. Curious that it takes a while for this feature to activate. As I was told the Web Videos Parental control does show up once yourube became active, however the videos play without changing the Web Videos Parental Control option. Since I do not have kids in the house I will probably go ahead and change the setting.

I did not have to take any extra steps i.e. reboot DVR's or reconnect DVR's to the network. By bringing this old thread back to life I hope that this is useful for others getting new Whole Home installs that if a feature is not working that you should give it at least 24 hours to see what happens.

Edited by bossfan50, 20 September 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#374 OFFLINE   NKy.Yall

NKy.Yall

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Just wanted to add that I have had the VOD hook up for over a week now on HR-22 and all is working great except for Youtube,that is still not active. Hope this is just the norm and will work eventually.

#375 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Just wanted to add that I have had the VOD hook up for over a week now on HR-22 and all is working great except for Youtube,that is still not active. Hope this is just the norm and will work eventually.

Check to see if your receiver is set to allow web videos.

#376 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

Check to see if your receiver is set to allow web videos.

In Parental Controls

JACK,

#377 OFFLINE   NKy.Yall

NKy.Yall

Legend

• Registered
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

On 11/28 " web video" finally appeared in the parental control section. Youtube now works. However since youtube is now active my app`s have since disappeared and every time I try to access those keep getting the 301 message- apps still initializing ??? Been receiving that message for the past 2 days.Tried a re-set on both the hr22 and the wireless connection still no apps.Guess just wait a few more days and see if they reappear.

#378 OFFLINE   underlord2

underlord2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

I tried the Youtube videos, but the audio wouldn't play on any of them. DirecTV 24-500 works flawlessly otherwise.

#379 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

have HR 24-500 and at times I cannot play a youtube video. I am able to search for it, but when I hit play it shows thws the video(picture) for a split second and the bar is at the far right likes it's the end of the video. Plus under the time of video it say like hours/miuntes/seconds with a 56 second video. It then goes back to the search screen. This does not always happens some times I can watch videos sometimes not.

#380 OFFLINE   mcl77

mcl77

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

is there an issue with the hr 24 not playing youtube videos now?
the past 3 weeks i have not been able to play them. the search brings them up, but they wont stream. It just says im not connected to the internet, but obviously i am.

Is there a resolution to this??

spam firewall