Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Youtube Videos on DIRECTV HD DVR

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Could it be a similar issue?

It is possible I suppose ... Clearly something isn't right in this situation.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 714 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

40 minutes later and it kicked on.....YouTube shows up.

I guess the best advice to those not seeing it is to do the reboot, make sure your apps work (to verify internet functionality), and wait a while....maybe within an hour YouTube will be up and running.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#43 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Sounds reasonable.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#44 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Boy does this work great! What a welcome addition. Wish we could log in to our YT accounts, or rate videos via this interface.

#45 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

Curious,

Had the YouTube access feature for almost two months now on all my HD DVRs. Was it released in regional stages similar to the staggered rollout of a firmware NR and this is just the formal announcement for the service now available nationwide?

#46 OFFLINE   JoeGie

JoeGie

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

pretty sure my unit was updated this morning, noticed that my recorded programs didnt show up. running 2tb external hd, rebooted the unit shows showed back up but the TV wasn't getting satellite signal. rebooted the unit again shows work again but it is not recognizing the external HD now. Rebooted numerous times with the same outcome. Last resort will be to hook it up to my other DVR to see if the unit works and maybe buy a new HD or external dock. Anyone else having this problem?

Using Thermaltake BlacX Dock and WD WD20EVDS.

#47 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

For those of you with a broadband connected HR2x DVR (or R22), you should now have access to Youtube videos via Smart Search.

Just search for something using Smart Search and then scroll to the end of the list. In addition to 'Keyword' search, a new search for 'Youtube' has been added.

Enjoy!

why are the results filtered. vevo music videos do not show on directv receiver

#48 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

Curious,

Had the YouTube access feature for almost two months now on all my HD DVRs. Was it released in regional stages similar to the staggered rollout of a firmware NR and this is just the formal announcement for the service now available nationwide?

It's been in the Cutting Edge version for a while .. Also, there was a keyword to enable it during the testing phase. It's now available without the keyword to everyone.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#49 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

why are the results filtered. vevo music videos do not show on directv receiver

I'm not aware of any filtering that might be happening. Have you tried typing in the ID string at the end of the video? I know you wouldn't normally search by this method, but it should at least tell you whether or not it is visible from your DVR.

#50 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

"it should be available to all."

Perhaps there is some glitch. A shortcut to the list might be to try searching for 'AAAAA' That will clearly find "nothing" but you should see both 'Keyword' and 'youtube' search options on the list.

Did the restart and tried DBS and AAAAAA and still no YouTube. All I see is "Keyword" at bottom of right half of screen.

BTW: Neither one of my receivers reset last night. The blue ring lights weren't on this morning. The last time there was a national update (few weeks ago) only one STB was reset, the other never got it. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by Vinny, 08 February 2011 - 05:01 PM.

HR34-700(0x00805)|Networked: Yes via Deca hardwired to Actiontec MI424WR (FiOS)| OTA: No | DOD Enabled: Yes |Mediashare: TVersity |
HDTV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85U connected via Monster HDMI| Home Theater: Onkyo TX-LR552 connected via coax cable. Whole Home: Yes

HR20-700 (0x07EB)
|Networked: Yes via Deca| OTA: No | HDTV: Hitachi Plasma P42H401 connected via HDMI. Whole Home: Yes

AU9 Slimline | SWM|

#51 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Most of my stuff is MKV. I have a few AVI. I've tried in the past to stream from my home server, but all it would stream was mpeg and mp3.

Playon.TV software does a wonderful job transcoding 720p MKV files. It is paid software, but worth its (virtual) weight in gold.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#52 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Did a reset (HR22-100). When reset cycle completed I did a system check (all items ok). TV Apps working, Movies, Photos & Music working, VOD working. Went to Smart Search, typed AAAAA. No Youtube. Any suggestions?

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#53 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

It's been in the Cutting Edge version for a while .. Also, there was a keyword to enable it during the testing phase. It's now available without the keyword to everyone.

I realize that, but none of my boxes have ever been on a CE release, only NRs. Yet the YouTube feature has been available on them for about two months now.

Go figure ,,, :confused:

#54 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Did a reset (HR22-100). When reset cycle completed I did a system check (all items ok). TV Apps working, Movies, Photos & Music working, VOD working. Went to Smart Search, typed AAAAA. No Youtube. Any suggestions?

apparently waiting for up to an hour has solved at least one persons issue ...

#55 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

I realize that, but none of my boxes have ever been on a CE release, only NRs. Yet the YouTube feature has been available on them for about two months now.

Go figure ,,, :confused:

It's been available in the NR for a month (maybe 2), but required a keyword. As of today, a signal was sent to activate it .. Perhaps the keyword was entered on those that had it.

#56 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

apparently waiting for up to an hour has solved at least one persons issue ...

Thanks for the reply. Will check again at 7:35.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#57 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

Works great..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#58 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

not working on HR-21/700 0x452

#59 OFFLINE   lenbo

lenbo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

I've got picture but no audio .:confused:

#60 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

I did the reboot and "AAAAA" and waited over an hour and still nothing with you tube on it. I am getting the new Photo's, Music and More option but that just goes to my computer. Apps work.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...