Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

padres tv market in arizona

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

according to mlb.tv

avondale az the phoneix az area is also part of the padres market. example below

The below-listed Club(s) is within the searched home television territory, and MLB.TV is subject to blackout for all regular season live games for these Club(s):
•Arizona Diamondbacks
•San Diego Padres

Approximate Zip Code: 85323

what I wanted to know is what channel number or provider offers only because i might be in AZ for about 2 years while i go to school.

I will have MLB EI or mlb Tv and watch the phillies but they play SD and i would be blacked out since SD 4 isnt on directv

I proabably would say heck i be missing only 6 games which is fine. prehaps for that day ill head to the bar.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hopefully, that is a database error. The Padres were blacked out in Tucson a few years ago, but that restriction no longer exists. It would be strange that they would be blacked out in Avondale with it being closer to Phoenix (DBacks).

#3 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

well if your in tucson thats close and if your not being blacked out by padres games thats good.

will see if someone from phoenix az has any issues or is blacked out of padres games.

I thought it was mis error too.

#4 OFFLINE   sorentodd45

sorentodd45

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

Avondale is a suburb of Phoenix, it's on the Western Side of the city. I cannot see how the Padres have any claim to this city at all. I cannot see how they have any claim to Maricopa County at all either. I've heard they do claim Yuma though.

#5 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

well its not a huge deal, i mean the padres and phillies play one series in SD and PHI so tops i would miss is 6-8 games

Protected By... spam firewall...And...