Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NBA Slam Dunk RIP.

dish network

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Does anybody beside me else think it should be put to rest.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,911 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

No...last night had some of the most difficult and creative dunks ever. Griffin was handed the title, unfortunately.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,523 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

Normally I would agree with the OP... but last night was actually a big step up from most of my recent memory.

I still wish they would tone down the props a little... The two-backboard thing was creative... but the doll on the rim wasn't so much.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#4 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

I would hate to see one of these players get hurt.

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

It's 1 hour out of every year .. How many people were in the stands .. paying people? How many watched (good or bad)? Nah, this event isn't going anywhere.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,523 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

It's 1 hour out of every year .. How many people were in the stands .. paying people? How many watched (good or bad)? Nah, this event isn't going anywhere.

Not only that... but it's more than just the hour we see on TV... I think the fans that actually attend these extra events get more fun out of it than we get in the limited 1 hour covered on TV.

They really try to make it a long event... not just a 1 day all-star game... so I think none of these mainstays are going anywhere.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#7 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Clicking on this topic, once again, I was forwarded to webface.com and had to hit the 'back' button to get here.

Is this going to keep happening?

(URL that I was forwarded to in case the admins/mods want to research this was: http://mywebface.myw..._id=203327_8891)

Ordinarily I would put this in another forum but I thought it might help to put it in the actual topic that I was auto-forwarded away from.

#8 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Clicking on this topic, once again, I was forwarded to webface.com and had to hit the 'back' button to get here.

Is this going to keep happening?

(URL that I was forwarded to in case the admins/mods want to research this was: http://mywebface.myw..._id=203327_8891)

Ordinarily I would put this in another forum but I thought it might help to put it in the actual topic that I was auto-forwarded away from.

Sounds like you need to run virus scan on your PC.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

Sounds like you need to run virus scan on your PC.

Not just that, but also a spyware scan. It sounds like you have some spyware caught up somewhere. Download and run Spybot. That usually does the trick for me.

Directv since 1999

Current Equipment:

HR34-700 -> Onkyo TX-SR607 -> Sony 40" KDL40XBR4
HR24-500 -> Denon AVR-X2000 -> Samsung 40" UN40F6300

HR24-500 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV -> LG 32" 32LD450
HR20-700 -> Insignia 26" NS-26L450A11

#10 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Except that it showed up on unrelated computers and ONLY affected DBSTALK (of all the places I visit). I have a thread in the Admin section with more details after it happened again last night on a computer that hadn't been used for surfing in WEEKS. I did some more digging and discovered there are a few other forum-type sites that have been hit by this. Apparently, someone got a script through Google's AdSense filters. There are no less than 4 different anti-malware/spyware/virus when I tally the different machines (from Norton, to McAffee to MSE and something else on the PC at work I don't recognize).

I apologize for the OT interruption.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dish network

spam firewall