Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wireless setup for HR24-200

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ecclesio21

ecclesio21

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

I searched extensively and can't find the info I'm looking for. Just signed up for DTV, have an HR24-200 that I am trying to connect to my home wireless network. I have AT&T DSL in another room that runs to a Linksys wrt54g router. Do I need to purchase equipment in order to get the DVR to receive the wireless signal, or is it a matter of manually entering settings? What's the best way to accomplish this? Hardwiring with an ethernet cord is not possible.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

I searched extensively and can't find the info I'm looking for. Just signed up for DTV, have an HR24-200 that I am trying to connect to my home wireless network. I have AT&T DSL in another room that runs to a Linksys wrt54g router. Do I need to purchase equipment in order to get the DVR to receive the wireless signal, or is it a matter of manually entering settings? What's the best way to accomplish this? Hardwiring with an ethernet cord is not possible.

LinkSys WET610N is supported as a wireless adapter for the HR series (or was). If you want only wireless G, then any wireless gaming adapter will work, as long as you configure it with a computer before connecting it to the HR24.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,252 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

:welcome_s to dbstalk

In additon to the model above the WGA600N works well and can be configured right from the HR20-23 series. Used it for a while. The config menu is probably also there on the HR24 but I haven't tried. If not, you can set it up on a PC for your household encryption and then plug it into the HR.

The WGA600N's are all over the internet and e-you know where.

You said you just signed up so before the install, consider the whole home DVR service. You will have everything connected together. Normally a $199 install, you can probably get it much lower as part of the original install. Be sure to ask for the Cinema Kit too so you get internet access. Then all this wireless h/w won't be necessary.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...