Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

could someone tell me what i need?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   bdubz

bdubz

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, but it wouldn't "have to be".
If you have a coax from the 2-way that runs to a more convenient location, even if this is a long coax, it will still work fine.

So I wouldn't need to move the router? Right now it is behind the 2 boxes that are 60 feet away. That would be cool if I left there. I have plenty of extra coax, 2 at every box and 4 in the living room

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

So I wouldn't need to move the router? Right now it is behind the 2 boxes that are 60 feet away. That would be cool if I left there. I have plenty of extra coax, 2 at every box and 4 in the living room

That was the point I was trying to make.
SAT levels are more important to the receivers than the DECA levels are to the DECAs.
Going three sides around Robinhood's barn, for DECA doesn't matter nearly as much as longer coax to feed a receiver.
A.K.A VOS

#63 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Going three sides around Robinhood's barn, for DECA doesn't matter nearly as much as longer coax to feed a receiver.

Hey VOS, it's the 21st century... We now measure things in feet and inches. Even though it's like yesterday for you, we don't measure things today in cubits or how many times you can wrap something around the barn... :lol:

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#64 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

Actually I prefer to measure in meters.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#65 OFFLINE   bdubz

bdubz

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

That was the point I was trying to make.
SAT levels are more important to the receivers than the DECA levels are to the DECAs.

Hey VOS, it's the 21st century... We now measure things in feet and inches. Even though it's like yesterday for you, we don't measure things today in cubits or how many times you can wrap something around the barn... :lol:

- Merg

LOL! Well that is good to know. I cant wait for Saturday now.

#66 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

- Merg

You're suggesting I should shift to furlongs & fortnights? :confused:
A.K.A VOS

#67 OFFLINE   bdubz

bdubz

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

@ oldschool Just wanted to let you know that I just got everything installed and setup. It all works perfectly. MRV, on demand, media share on all 4 boxes with 99% signal on all boxes. It used to only be about 90%. It is all setup like the last diagram. Thanks so much for all your help! I really appreciate it. Thanks to everyone else on this thread too. This forum is awesome!

spam firewall