Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Matrix Switch Recommendations?

swm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

I have one of those; it works flawlessly. Have you been able to determine exactly where the IR receiver is on that box? I'm trying to add it to my IR repeater without a lot of luck.

You aren't kidding, it is hard to find! I did a lot of playing around by selectively blocking the front panel. The IR receiver is really, really sensitive! (either that or the transmitter is capable of giving sunburns.:)

From my selective blocking, it appears that the IR receiver is just to the right of the 2nd input LED (it might be exactly between the 2nd and 3rd LED, but I can't be that precise. That's more of a cosmetic guess. The one thing that's clear is it is to the right of the 2nd input LED and to the left of the 3rd.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

The problem with the Geffen switches is that they're so flippin' expensive...

I bought the Monoprice 8x1 powered switch and it works perfectly. I run my components to the switch and then the HDMI out through my JVC receiver to the TV. Works great.

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

http://reviews.cnet....;contentBody;2r

#23 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

You aren't kidding, it is hard to find! I did a lot of playing around by selectively blocking the front panel. The IR receiver is really, really sensitive! (either that or the transmitter is capable of giving sunburns.:)

From my selective blocking, it appears that the IR receiver is just to the right of the 2nd input LED (it might be exactly between the 2nd and 3rd LED, but I can't be that precise. That's more of a cosmetic guess. The one thing that's clear is it is to the right of the 2nd input LED and to the left of the 3rd.

Thanks, I will try that. I had been mostly concentrating on the extreme edges.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#24 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

I bought a swicher from Amazon with 3 imputs and a output,and a remote. I believe I payed under 20$ and it those t trick, no need for expencive units most of them are good and do the job.

Well, for the purposes of the OP, we are both wrong. He is looking for a 4x4, and my link was to a 4X2. My apologies to the OP.

He also is not looking for a simple 2x1 or 4x1 in the $20 range. But I still think my considerations regarding what newer flavors of HDMI and what formats it passes are worth checking. A $20 switch is $20 down a rat hole if you need 1080p or 3D and that switch won't pass it.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

spam firewall