Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP922 - S1.13 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,758 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

New version start spooling from 110W:

PID=0870h
 DownloadID: 11WC
 Upgrading FW:
 1533:'1[1-5]3[1-2]''S040'-'S113'
 S113:'A011_signed.tgz''S040'-'S113'
 S113:'firmware_3_1_71.tgz''S040'-'S113'
 S113:'S040'-'S112'
 New FW: 'S113'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
 '1[1-5]3[1-3]' & 'XA[BCE-HJL-NQ-SU-Z2-3].': {ViP922}  R0000000001-R4000000000

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,758 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

Last few versions packed with new bootstrap 1533, but the box still keep old 1333 thru all updates. Stubborn as a mule. :)

EDIT. Oops, my bad, the bootstrap version 1333 is not updating to 1533 by spooling filter.

#3 OFFLINE   NCRonB

NCRonB

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

"My HD Channels" in the guide appears to be functioning as an "All HD Channels" list. That is, it's showing HD channels that I don't get (in red) along with the ones I do.

It would be nice to have both "All HD Available" and a properly working "My HD Channels".

#4 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

Not sure it's S113 related, but all evening, and part of today, my 922 has been doing the weirdest things ever.

First, it screwed up several recordings this evening; recorded one thing for only 3 minutes, didn't record another, and the manual record button wouldn't work at all. I missed an entire show due to this.

Now the box won't run over 7-8 minutes without locking up, and eventually rebooting. First the remote stops working, then a few minutes later it locks up, then reboots.

Yesterday, it wasn't locking up, but I couldn't get it to sling at all. I could connect to it and see the DVR contents, etc, but soon as I'd try to view video, I'd get an error that it couldn't communicate with my slingbox, check my firewall, etc. Whatever, you don't even need to open a port anymore with the way it works.

Not running hot, the HD temps show like 104-degrees average. Not cool at all, this thing has been rock solid since I got it.

I'm at a loss, but it's basically worthless right now.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#5 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

I'm at a loss, but it's basically worthless right now.

If it continues after a hard reboot then there are a couple of things left to do. Back up timers, etc on the remote and then call for a replacement.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,758 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

And big EHD to save his recordings.

#7 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

Acting fine today so far, weird. I tried many soft reboots yesterday, power-cord reboots, etc. and nothing seemed to work, it wouldn't run over 10 minutes without locking up.

I can't find the option to backup the timers to the remote? Can you steer me where that function is? That would be damn awesome to know...
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#8 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Acting fine today so far, weird. I tried many soft reboots yesterday, power-cord reboots, etc. and nothing seemed to work, it wouldn't run over 10 minutes without locking up.

I can't find the option to backup the timers to the remote? Can you steer me where that function is? That would be damn awesome to know...

I think I would still call. Once googy always goofy :P

To back up your timers, etc to the remote select Menu>Settings>System Wizard>Backup and you then have the option to back up the remote to the 922 or the 922 to the remote. Be careful when restoring the new one. The first time I replaced my 922 I screwed up and backed up the new 922 to the old remote. Bye bye timers:p
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

spam firewall