Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cancelling Dish.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

This is not a dish bashing thread so dont worry, Dish has went to expensive for me since I watch maybe 3 channels, I have netflix and i bought 3 of the Roku boxes, I also subscribed to MLB.TV and I have playon.tv so I will be shaving money in the long run, my question is I just signed a new contract a few months ago when I get a new HD-DVR so I owe like $220 in the ETF which I dont mind paying as like I said I would save money in the long run, so my question is I no longer have the CC I used when I signed up with Dish so when I cancel they will try to charge the card and it wont go though so can I just pay when I cancel or will they notfy me after tring to charge the card the ETF and it won't go though?

Thanks,
Andy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I would call them and update your account info first.
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

See I tried to do that and they said you couldnt update account info for the card you use when you first signed up for Dish.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,010 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

See I tried to do that and they said you couldnt update account info for the card you use when you first signed up for Dish.

That happened to me too... for a different reason.

Last time I did a Dish'n it up promo... I had to give a credit card... and they said it couldn't be the same one I initially signed up with. It was weird. They explicitly said they couldn't use the card they already had on file.

I don't know if some CSRs just don't know what to do... or if their computer system is really that screwed up.

It kind of defeats the purpose of them having a credit card on file if they can't use it and you can't ever update it.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#5 OFFLINE   BeckiB@Dish Network

BeckiB@Dish Network

Cool Member

• DISH Representative
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

You have a couple options. You can either pay with another card up front upon cancellation, or you can wait until we send the final bill to make that payment.

Becki Barned
Social Media Representative
Wednesday -Saturday

11:30  - 10:30 MST

#6 OFFLINE   dbspr

dbspr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

i will be cancelling DISH too, because there no longer offering the 9.99 HD package. (also disable the HD functionality). Bye Bye, DISH.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,662 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

i will be cancelling DISH too, because there no longer offering the 9.99 HD package. (also disable the HD functionality). Bye Bye, DISH.

The grandfathered $9.99 package hasn't been a bargain since the $10 "DISH Essentials" was introduced in 2008.

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

shh, don't wake granpa.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall